Star Wars: Some rumours 'are true'

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
_81126481_81125270.jpg
JJ Abrams has said some of the rumours surrounding his new Star Wars film are true.

The director was hosting the Irish Oscar Wilde awards in Los Angeles where actress Carrie Fisher was being honoured.

Fisher reprises her role of Princess Leia in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which is scheduled for release in December 2015.

The film reunites her with original co-stars Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford.

"I can't wait for you to see it. It's been a blast working on this and luckily we have an incredible post-production team," Abrams told the BBC News website on Thursday.

"There are always challenges as you go but it's been a complete kick to put this together."

In recent days a rumour about one of the characters in the film has been circulating on some websites.

Asked about the secrecy surrounding the script, Abrams added: "We did the best we can to preserve the story for the audience, but it doesn't always work.

"There are a ton of rumours - some true, some false. But I'm grateful for everyone who would want to read a spoiler because it means that they care and want to see the movie.

"I know what it feels like, as an enormous Star Wars fan myself."
Read the rest here:
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31548370