'Star Wars' map: A close-up look at a galaxy far, far away...

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
star-wars-map-high-res_510.jpg

From Entertainment Weekly:
Being a Star Wars fanatic — let’s face it, there’s no such thing as merely being a Star Wars “fan” — means familiarizing yourself with a lot of names of a bunch of odd-sounding planets. Some, like the ice planet Hoth, play a huge role in George Lucas’ intergalactic ring cycle, especially if you need to seek shelter inside the guts of a snowy beast. Ditto for A-list locales like Endor and Alderaan. But others, like Orvax and Lwhekk? That’s straight-up nerd terrain.

Read more here:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/01/14/star-wars-map/

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Thanks - another nice map to add to my collection of galactic maps. It's certainly becoming complicated with more and more Expanded Universe planets being added.

I have got a large scan of another good map from the Star Wars Insider magazine and large fold-out printed one in my Star Wars Fact Files collection.

I've also got a nice Flash-based Interactive Galactic Map which allows you to zoom in on the various sectors and some of the planets (although the information it gives is very limted). It's really well done and I wish I could find an newer updated version, if there is one. It would be something that would be great to have on devices like the iPad and iPhone. Someone making an Interactive map / encyclopedia would probably make quite a bit of money, if it was sensibly priced - you could do ones for various franchises: Star Wars, Star Trek, Stargate, Lord of the Rings, etc. ... {quickly goes off to trademark, copyright and patent the ideas} ;)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
It would make an awesome poster. Personally, I'd like an interactive 3D map. A friend on another board said the authors of the Atlas stated that they dream of one day doing such a thing.