Star Wars Logo Help

malskelton29

New Recruit
Hi guys

I haven't posted on here for a little while, took a little break from TTM's while my daughter was born ........ but I'm back and hoping to get some more requests in the mail.

For those of you unfamiliar with my designs, I've attached a couple of my successes from late last year to this message.

Where I need help is to do with logos for different factions / affiliations

As you can see from my design, in the bottom left hand corner I use the outline of the relevant faction / affiliation as part of the design.

I'm doing okay so far with the Empire & Rebel Alliance ones ( see my examples ), and I have found one to represent Jabba ( his tattoo ).

My problems are from the prequels. I need logos for Jedi Council / Republic / Trade Federation etc etc

Any help would be fantastic so I can get started on the Episode I, II & III autograph cards

Thanks

Mal Skelton

Attachments

• BLAKISTON%2001.jpg
    BLAKISTON%2001.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 566
  • GLOVER%2001.jpg
    GLOVER%2001.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 581
  • JOHNS%2001.jpg
    JOHNS%2001.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 535
  • PROWSE%2001.jpg
    PROWSE%2001.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 540
  • ROUBICEK.jpg
    ROUBICEK.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 573

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
I'll do some looking this friday and see what I can find!! :D Love the design of your photos!! :)

RYAN-J

malskelton29

New Recruit
RYAN-J;80629 said:

Just wanted to say a massive thank you for your help - the link to the starwars.wikia.com galley will be invaluable.

Any suggestions for logos for the ESB Bounty Hunters ? I was hoping there would be a Bounty Hunters Guild logo but alas not.

I've got cards ready for Fett, Zuckuss, Bossk & Greedo but would rather add a Bounty Hunter logo than the Imperial one ( though Greedo I could use Jabba's tattoo I guess ).

My excitement for creating these is back stronger than ever, but funds are limited. Each gold pen costs me around £2 ( approx $4 ) and they rarely find their way back to me.

But I can't grumble at 1/1 autographs for $4 ........ sometimes 2 for $4 if I can find images of two characters ( like Kenny Baker !! )

Thanks again for the help

Mal Skelton

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
First off, I'm going to list a bunch of logos, then I'll see if I can find photos of them.

Fett.....yeah..I'd use the skull emblem.....it's sometimes called a Mandalorian skull (it's actually a Mandalorian Deathwatch logo, I think...and is not representative of all Mandos). It's also sometimes called a Bantha Skull (even though it is NOT a bantha skull...but rather some sort of dragon from Mando history).

Jedi......the jedi have a logo now.....it's usually blue and is shaped like a an upraised lightsaber with two stylized wings swooping upward on either side of it...not unlike the Rebel logo. Frankly....this is something used mainly on kids products like pencil cases, backpacks, stickers...etc....is not something i woudl think the Jedi would even need...a logo. BUT....I do believe it appears on Obi-Wan's shoulder armor in the new cgi series...so I'll leave that up to you to decide if you like it. If I'm not mistaken, it also appears inside the trunk accessory that came with the ANH Obi-Wan figure a couple years ago (If you open the trunk, there is Anakins skywalker, a trianing remote, and aquata rebreather, and the "Jedi" logo).

Separatists have a logo....it is a hexagon shape made of of six triangles....sort of like a TIE Fighter wing. Incidentally, this is also the logo for a brand of clothing I saw at Beall's the other day...and they have baseball cap's with this logo embroidered on it for sale. Anyway, it appears on many of the repainted separatist toy vehicles. I don't think the Trade Federation has it's own logo.

Republic.....the fleur-de-lis crest seen on the front of the Chancellor's podium in the senate is sometimes used...same as the staff that came with the Chancellor Valorum action figure. Sometime depicts the "Old Republic".

Republic...military.......often depicted by the nine (9?) pointed cog that appears on most of the Jedi Starfighters and Republic Gunships. Supposedly, this cog and it's points are supposed to have some historical meaning in SW EU, and Palpatine created his 6-pointed cog by defacing this one (removing three points), to create his vision of it.

Unaffiliated: Back in the 90's, Hasbro put affiliation logos on all the 12" dolls. There was Republic, Empire, and Other...which yu might consider unaffiliated or Fringe. The logo was Yellow and was shaped similar to Palpatine's round window on the Death Star.

I'll see if I can find photos. You might try looking for stickers/decals on Ebay. A number of people make automobile decals....which are great for getting logo images form and photoshopping for your own purposes.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Republic and or Republic Military attached

starwarsrepublic.jpg

Empire

republic_logo_sm.gif

Republic and or Chancellor/Senate

Attachments

• rep cog 2.jpg
    rep cog 2.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 1,746

malskelton29

New Recruit
Wow, you guys have been so much help already.

I've attached a couple of the Boba Fett cards I'd made last year - I did indeed use the skull emblem ........ but foolishly assumed that it was the logo for all Bounty Hunters, looks like I'll have to re-do my Greedo, Bossk & Zuckuss cards.

I did indeed find the Jedi logo and last night put together an Ewan McGregor / Obi Wan Kenobi card ........ but I haven't exported it to show here yet.

I've also attached a couple of Jabba's minions that I've done - I used his Desilijic tattoo as his logo

Mal Skelton

Attachments

• AUTO CARD - JEREMY BULLOCH 01.jpg
    AUTO CARD - JEREMY BULLOCH 01.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 536
  • AUTO CARD - JOHN MORTON 02.jpg
    AUTO CARD - JOHN MORTON 02.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 502
  • AUTO CARD - BARRY ROBERTSON 01.jpg
    AUTO CARD - BARRY ROBERTSON 01.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 498
  • AUTO CARD - MICHAEL CARTER 01.jpg
    AUTO CARD - MICHAEL CARTER 01.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 510
  • AUTO CARD - DEEP ROY 01.jpg
    AUTO CARD - DEEP ROY 01.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 526

malskelton29

New Recruit
These are the other logos I've found ( see attached ) ;

Anakin's Podracer .......... was going to use this for all podracers ?
Trade Federation .......... using for all Battle Droids / Nute Gunray etc etc
Gungan symbol ............. going to use for all Gungans
Naboo symbol ............... going to use for all Naboo citizens
Old Republic symbol ....... no idea what to use this one for

I'm in desperate need of a Bounty Hunter guild logo / symbol ........ that's probably my next biggest challenge.

Also, what symbol would you recommend for Clone Troopers ?

Now I need to find good hi-res images of the characters

Mal Skelton

Attachments

• Anakin_Skywalkers_racing_logo.png
    Anakin_Skywalkers_racing_logo.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 1,366
  • Trade_Federation_Symbol.jpg
    Trade_Federation_Symbol.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 794
  • Gungan_symbol.png
    Gungan_symbol.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 712
  • Naboo_symbol.png
    Naboo_symbol.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 1,953
  • OLD REPUBLIC.svg.png
    OLD REPUBLIC.svg.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,177

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Those look really cool Mal!! I'm very impressed! Hope you can get them all signed. :D

RYAN-J

malskelton29

New Recruit
So with all this logo help I've stumbled across something else .............

I found a great picture of Bruce Spence as Tion Medon ( from ROTS ) and have the mailing address - but what logo do I assigned him ?

His wookiepedia entry says this ;

"In the final weeks of the Clone Wars, Tion Medon was forced to accomodate General Grievous and his associates in his sanctuary. Grievous threatened to destroy Medon's city if he did not assist, or if he were to bring in aid from the Galactic Republic. Medon had no choice but to allow the Separatists to use his sanctuary as their base of operations."

So does that make him part of the Separatists or part of the Galactic Republic ?

Thanks in advance again

Mal Skelton