Star Wars live-action TV series

Discussion in 'Espionage Report' started by Buzz Bumble, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Darth Boru

Darth Boru Celtic Sith

Apparently GL is now confirmed as writer of the new series.

Reported on the Post Chronicle today. Read the full (but short) article here.

2. Darth Boru

Darth Boru Celtic Sith

A longer article, from Time, discusses the new tv series, to be shot in 3D, plus Indy 4 and a whole bunch of general history of SW, film making and visions of the future.

Read "A conversation with George Lucas" here.

Quite a long item, but well worth a read. Get a coffee and enjoy ;)

3. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

I read that bit about 3d somewhere else. I hope George Lucas was just kidding. Having to wear silly glasses to watch a TV show is not going to go down too well. :(

George Lucas was always going to be writing the live-action TV show, at least to begin with to kick it off and then let others take over.

Here's a bit more news that says we'll have to wait until 2008 to see it (with or without silly glasses) ...

I think that "will cover the 20 years in the life of Luke Skywalker growing up" is the reporter is misunderstanding. Unless something's changed, we already know the series isn't about any of the main movie characters, but about a lesser character from the movies.

4. Borsk

Borsk Administrator Staff Member

I don't really want to see Luke growing up. I would imagine that would be boring. I mean, that's the idea ... his life isn't fun and he wants to get off the planet.

5. Darth Boru

Darth Boru Celtic Sith

Absolutely!! 20 years of moisture farming is just taking reality tv a bit too far ;)