Star Wars Jeopardy Official Rules

Barada

Saboteur
Jeopardy Rules

jeopardy.newspage.jpg

«
The rules for the upcoming Jeopardy game a week from this Saturday have been posted. Check them out here.

Barada

Saboteur
Here are the rules for Star Wars Jeopardy, to be held in the chat room on Saturday, October 11, at 2:00 EST. It is strongly advised that anyone wishing to play that has never used the chat room try it out at least one day in advance. If there are any problems with the chat room, contact either myself or AmShak via PM.

Please remember that once the game begins, it will be easier to get through this if no one is typing between the asking of each question and its answer.

1. Anyone can enter at any point in the game.

2. There will be five topics in Round 1. Each topic will have three questions, each one progressively harder. The first will be easy, and the third may require a search, although I won't make them too obscure. Points will be assigned to the three levels of difficulty (100, 200, & 300). The topics will be displayed in a post in the Contests and Games forum clearly labelled as such, and will have a 'Jeopardy' inspired game board in the first post.

3. I will start the game with topic #1 question #1, by typing the question in the chat room. The first person to answer correctly will get to choose the next topic and point total. This will continue until all three questions for each topic have been revealed.

4. After each question has been asked, the first person to answer correctly will receive the corresponding points, and I will keep a record here of totals. If an incorrect answer is given, that number of points will be deducted, to prevent a guessing game. (note: I will accept misspellings, but not abbreviations. ex. I will take mileniam falcon, but not mil. falcon - this is to make it as fair as possible to slower typers)

5. After Round 1 has finished, Round 2 will begin with slightly tougher topics, and the point totals will be doubled.

6. There will be one Double Jeopardy per round. The person who uncovers it will have up to one minute to answer correctly after deciding how much of their point total they would like to wager on the question. A correct answer will add that much to their total, while an incorrect one will deduct that much.

7. After Round 2 is finished, all participants with a positive score will be prompted to send me a PM with how much of their total they wish to wager on a Final Jeopardy question.

8. Once all wagers are in, I will reveal the Final Jeopardy question. I will give everyone one minute to send me a PM with their answer, after which I will reveal all answers and totals wagered, and calculate a final score. Highest point total wins.

There will also be a 5 minute break about halfway through each round, and a 10 minute break between rounds and before Final Jeopardy.

If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask them here.

Barada

Saboteur
Nightwing, have you contacted Borsk about this? I know at least one of the other moderators uses aol, and he has no trouble using chat.

I'll make a suggestion, but I don't know if it'll work. Logout, and when you log back in, go to chat. You should have a little screen with a list of instructions. One line should be highlighted in yellow, that says this: Please grant the permission when the popup window appears from Netscape and Internet Explorer. You will not be able to enter chat without doing this.

Try this Nightwing, and if it still doesn't work, email Borsk at admin@thebothanspy.com.

Anyone else having trouble getting into chat?

Barada

Barada

Saboteur
Well, there's going to be 25 questions in each round, so if I give almost 2 minutes between typing the question and getting the right answer, I'd say we're looking at about 45 minutes per round. It may be less or more, but that would be a rough estimate.

Count on two hours for the entire game with breaks.

Barada