Star Wars Battlefront

Discussion in 'Espionage Report' started by Buzz Bumble, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

This is the "Preview" review from the New Zealand Herald's TimeOut entertainment magazine section (15 October, 2015) ...

2. Borsk

Borsk Administrator Staff Member

I've played it. The game was fun.

Campaigns probably require a lot of work (writing a script, cut-scenes, extra animations, etc). Personally, I *would* play the campaign first and then do multiplayer. However, the vast majority of play time is definitely multiplayer. In lieu of a campaign, I'd actually rather have the option to play the multiplayer maps against AI bots. This would provide a way to practice using the vehicles without screwing up an actual match.

3. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

I've only seen a couple of the trailers, but it looks like it's deep in the trend these days of impossible-to-play games that require you to have fifteen fingers, three mice, and the reactions of The Flash just to get through the training level. :(

4. Borsk

The controls are like pretty much any shooter game ever made. The "Battlefield" series of games will give you an idea of what you're in store for. Quick reflexes, calm nerves, and knowledge of the maps is what will make you good.

These sort of games do have issues with cheaters. The game experience is ruined if they can't keep that under control.

5. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

The only thing that would make me good (apart from a brand new fast computer and internet connection) would be a complete Games Playing Talent transplant ;) ... and a Motion-Sickness-ectomy when it comes to most 3D games. :(

6. Borsk

Fair enough. Even as a bad player, you'd likely still enjoy the game as a temporary distraction ... just for the Star Wars aspect of it. There's also a single player element as well and the AI stormtroopers are horrendously bad shots. However, it's probably not worth the expense if you don't already have a nice computer/PS4/etc.

Running through the tunnels of the rebel base on Hoth and shooting stormtroopers is kinda fun. There's some appeal there.