Some are doubting Lightning Bear was in SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
In the case of Cy Town, he was an extra, most likely during the Emperor's Arrival/Vader's Arrival scene in ROTJ. As far as his career is concerned, ROTJ was barely a blip on the radar. On the other hand, he was a Dalek operator on Doctor Who for years. While is is happy to sign for fans, he is very frustrated by being bombarded with SW mail, and would like to be disassociated with it altogether. This is something he makes note of every time he signs a ttm request. As such, he won't talk about it because he doesn't want to fan the fires, so to speak.

It's a pretty safe bet he was on the set as a trooper or officer, and he doesn't want to advertise it.

Pedge Jameson

Falls down for no reason.
Well according to Bear this means we can all be in the movies!!
If anyone wants my autograph for the work I did in Harry Potter lemme know!!
Just send the provided picture and I'll sign.

Pedge Jameson

Falls down for no reason.

My girlfreind Rosetta was the T-Rex in Jurassic Park. Just look at that CGI!!
(BTW, Rosetta beat my ass for this picture, hope you enjoy. LOL)

kimbro1972

Fan From The Beginning!
Pedge Jameson;80147 said:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0510019/

"Look at this load of crap. And also look at the message board. I think hes been having his girlfreind or maybe even his mom pose as a fan.
And what kinda stunts did Saturday Night Fever need? Was Lighting Bear doing the dancing?"

Ok, for starters, Lightning Bear's mother is dead. Need I say more?

Secondly, yes, you're right; he performed as a dancer in "Saturday Night Fever". He also performed stunts for the film. Almost any film you can name has a need for a stunt performer. Even a film like "The Love Bug" needed a stunt performer like Dick Warlock, who performed stunts as a double for Michele Lee.

Thirdly, I've known Lightning Bear for years. He and I are good friends. If he says he was in "Star Wars", I believe him. He is not the kind of guy to go around puffing himself up to look like a bigshot. He doesn't need to do that. He's already secure in who and what he is. I wish I could say the same for other people I've met in life! :p

Fourthly, I am the one who posted those message boards on imdb. Me. I wrote them because I'm a fan and always will be. I'm proud to be the first person to post a thread about Lightning Bear on imdb. To me, the thread was long overdue. :)

Finally, I have read nothing but hearsay, innuendo and tasteless jokes. If any of you have any real proof, spit it out. Otherwise, let's not disrespect this veteran stunt performer with a heart of gold. Thank you.

Holla300

The Best Bounty
You say don't say anything if we don't have proof but shouldn't Lightning and you have proof if you say he is in the films? I'm not disrespecting you or him but I think everyone would like some proof to that. He is the one that needs proof not us.

kimbro1972

Fan From The Beginning!
Holla300;80870 said:
He is the one that needs proof not us.

Wrong. If you are going to make these accusations, you should back them up with some sort of proof. Otherwise, don't say anything.

If you make a claim in court and are unable to prove your claim, the case is thrown out.

I am not the one who needs to provide any proof. I'm not the one saying that Lightning Bear wasn't in the movies. It is the posters on this thread who are doing that.

Again, if you have any proof that he was not in the "Star Wars" films, offer it so the readers can see it. Otherwise, keep quiet.

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
kimbro1972;80873 said:
Wrong. If you are going to make these accusations, you should back them up with some sort of proof. Otherwise, don't say anything.

If you make a claim in court and are unable to prove your claim, the case is thrown out.

I am not the one who needs to provide any proof. I'm not the one saying that Lightning Bear wasn't in the movies. It is the posters on this thread who are doing that.

Again, if you have any proof that he was not in the "Star Wars" films, offer it so the readers can see it. Otherwise, keep quiet.

Well according to that I might as well say I was a Mos Eisley Citizen. You have no proof that says I wasn't. But if I really want people to take me seriously, I would offer some evidence that says I was.

And with your court case example it goes exactly the same way for Lightning. He claims he was in Star Wars yet I have yet to see proof offered from him that he was.

Holla300

The Best Bounty
I'll make this simple for you. Lightning Bear was not in Star Wars. Not even in the credits for the stunts.

pushican

Lightning Bear
Hello everyone, it is Lightning Bear! I have always had great respect for this site and the things that have been posted and the people I have met through it. I found out through a fan about this thread. Whether people believe me or not is of little concern to me.

What I will take exception to is the reference to my Mother. My mother is dead and has been for a long time. For the person who wrote about her, you should check things to see if they are living or dead and how you harm the memory of them. The other is to the person who also has no respect for the dead and their memory. You put the head of Iron Eyes Cody on a Stormtrooper. Iron Eyes was the most famous Indian in Hollywood. He was the first Indian to work their and had a long career. He was a close friend and we work together many times. This was not only in films, but also culturally within our Indian Nations. What you say about me is each person choice and their right. But let’s leave the dead out of this. Especially, the Indian dead. My Indian people have endured much, survived and continue to live. Let not demean them further please!

This year has not been a great one for me so far for 2 reasons. 1. Is for the reason of finding out that I have cancer and 2. Is that this past June having a Heart Attack requiring to Stents placed in my heart and now facing the possibility of Bypass surgery. I was going to be telling everyone of my retirement soon anyway. But these are my problems and my families. The only thing that is important to me now is my kids and my new Granddaughter and the time I have to spend with them.

What hurts me the most I think is the fact that there are those that you thought were friends you find are not. People that you work with, share good times with and even spend time in each others homes for a number of days that will turn against you over a stupid argument about a person of history. You find they send spies to see how things are instead of having the courage themselves. This is also complicated by people in high places that when they invite you to appear, make statements when they found out I am Comanche and since they live in Texas, say to others that he thought they had killed all of my people long ago.

So I leave you all this. Life is to short and too precious to waste time like this. Enjoy your lives while you can, cherish your families and especially the children and give thanks for each day, each moment you can be with them.

I will leave you all now with a little wisdom from my culture. When one hears words against another, seek out the other person and ask to hear his words. Then seek the middle to find where the truth may really lay.

I wish to thank everyone for their kindness to me and their friendliness when we have had the chance to meet.

Respectfully,

Lightning Bear

Doc Greedo

New Recruit
Lightning Bear is a fraud, looks like. The late Peter Diamond said he was never on the set of any Star Wars movie.

What Steve Sansweet said:

I have been asked about Lightning Bear before, so I did as thorough a check as possible, asking many actors, stunt people, and crew. Even more to the point, I researched all of the Return of the Jedi Daily Call sheets that list the name of everyone--major actors, stunt people, background players--who will be needed on set each day, and what time they will be needed. I can confirm for you that Lightning Bear's name does NOT appear on any of the daily sheets. Nor did anyone I talk to have a firm recollection of him at all being connected to the filming. And he is nowhere in the credits. Those are the facts. I will let you draw your own conclusions.

Regards,
Steve

Steve Sansweet
Director of Content Management &
Head of Fan Relations
Lucasfilm Ltd.

What Mark Dermul (bountyhunter.be) Said:

I have only recently – in the last three years – become aware of this problem. Until then, I also didn’t realize that Lightning Bear was a hoax – I cannot prove it, but that is my gut feeling.

I have caught Bear on two lies myself.

First he said he was the Stormtrooper that banged his head on the door in the infamous blooper scene in ANH.

But this was Michael Leader, a British actor who later went on to play in Eastenders – which is where I got to know him from. Michael has the payment slips to prove he was indeed on set. So it was not Lightning Bear. When I confronted him with it, he said he indeed made it up to be able to have people identify him with a stormtrooper. So he admitted not being that particular stormtrooper, but claimed to be another one in the same scene. But later, after some research, I found out Bear was still living in the US at the time of shooting ANH. So it could not possibly have been him.

He also claimed to have been a stormtrooper in the scene at the end of ESB, where Lando, Leia, Chewie and Threepio flee Bespin. I have not found any evidence to support that claim.

Second lie I caught him on was that he claimed to be the Biker Scout in ROJ where he crashed into the tree after Luke throws him off the speeder bike. But later on I met with Frank Henson, certified stuntman on ROJ, who proved it was actually him and not Bear. He showed me photos of himself, from his personal collection, where you can see Henson and some colleagues on set, with their trooper helmets off so you can see the faces. Bear was not among them. As far as I was able to determine, Bear lived in Germany at the time of filming ROJ, which was shot in the States.

In my humble opinion, Bear was never in any of the Star Wars movies. I would not get another item signed by him.

Now, remember, I don’t have any proof to show you, this is just my personal opinion.

Hope this helps.

Mark Dermul

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Doc Greedo;82799 said:
Lightning Bear is a fraud, looks like. The late Peter Diamond said he was never on the set of any Star Wars movie.

What Steve Sansweet said:

What Mark Dermul (bountyhunter.be) Said:

Doc, is that email directly from Sansweet, to you? If so, can you print it as a PDF, and share it with us? I'd love to have a copy of it, for future use.

I also thought I'd posted this here, but here's some additional info I'd posted awhile ago elsewhere:

Since there's renewed interest in this, I've compiled additional info I've found out regarding him:

First off, he is NOT a Comanche Indian. How do I know this? I simply called up the Comanche Nation itself, spoke with the people in the Enrollment department who told me that the name Pushican or Lightning Bear isn't even Comanche in origin, despite his claims:
I am from the Comanche people and Pushican comes from my language which means Lightning Bear.
Source
In fact, they said they've heard of him before, as a fake.

Secondly, he is NOT a member of SAG as he claims as part of his interview:
During this time it was very difficult to get into the SAG (Screen Actors Guild), which you needed to belong to, to work in the industry. Actually my first work in the Industry was in Commercials and travel logs. I had worked for a production company that had made travels logs for the Mexican Government and Commercials for Chevrolet and Dodge cars and trucks. Spanky and his friend, use my experience to get me started though what was known as Central Casting. Then into SAG.
Source
Here's proof he's not:

I even called them up asked about some other aliases that are associated with him, and they said that no one by that name had ever been a member of SAG.

Next, he claims to have met with Hal Needham of Stunts Unlimited:
At that time there were no schools for Stunt People, so it was on the job training. It was on this series that I met Hal Needham who started Stunts Unlimited, the first Stunt Association in Hollywood.
So I thought I'd check up with Stunts Unlimited:

They've never heard of him, and Hal never confirmed whether or not he knew LB.

Skywalker

New Recruit
At least he wasn't a stormtrooper, because he is much too tall: 6' 5" (1.96 m), same as Dave Prowse! The guys who played the stormtroopers are between 5' 10" (1.78 m) and approx. 6' 1" (1.85 m), because otherwise the armors wouldn't fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.