Solve the Scrambled Tiles!

Jaguar

New Recruit
Did I get it right? I knew it was that line, I just don't know if I typed it in correctly.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Jaguar said:
Did I get it right? I knew it was that line, I just don't know if I typed it in correctly.

This is what you sent in:

"Don’t act so surprised, your highness, you weren't on any mercy
mission this time."

It was incorrect because of the punctuation and the first word which has some weird typo in it. Sorry :(

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Hmm....I've seen a lot of "apostrophe" typos on The Spy lately, sometimes when something is copy/pasted. I wonder what the cause is. I'm afraid that, even as the Dark Lord of the Typos, I cannot claim responsibility this time ;) I assume it is two types of word processors/browsers being incompatible with each other?

If this showed up in an e-mail, I guess it could be unrelated to the ones I've been seeing in people's posts from time to time.

Jaguar

New Recruit
wookiee_cookiee said:
This is what you sent in:

"Don’t act so surprised, your highness, you weren't on any mercy
mission this time."

It was incorrect because of the punctuation and the first word which has some weird typo in it. Sorry :(

Strange, I didn't copy/paste it in there. Must my silly email provider. I've been meaning to find another for some time now, as it's been giving me trouble.

As for the punctuation, my quote came straight from The Annotated Screenplays. Maybe they've got it wrong.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
YIPPEE!
First I actually find some new figures in a semi-local shop on Tuesday and now this one. Thanks Ms Cookie. :)

darthskelington said:
I've seen a lot of "apostrophe" typos on The Spy lately, sometimes when something is copy/pasted.
Sometimes, especially when the text uses "curly" quotes/apostrophes, the transferred text can have strange characters in it, but you only get one strange character and it replaces every ' and/or " (that line does have a proper ' further on). You need to make sure the "curly quotes" option is turned off in your email application (if it's there at all) and don't use Word to type up emails. It also often happens when transferring files between different computer systems (eg. Mac -> Windows) because of the different way they encode the "curly" quotes.

Jaguar said:
from The Annotated Screenplays
Those are probably correct, but the ANH novel actually says:

'Don't play games with me, Your Highness,' he continued ominously. 'You aren't on any mercy mission this time.'​

Jaguar

New Recruit
lol, that sounds a bit strange.

It doesn't really matter to me if I entered correctly or not. The chances weren't that great, and getting a few free figure aren't that big a deal. It's a sweet thing if you can win, but nothing to get all disappointed about if you don't.

;)

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
I sometimes have trouble, but that's because I use a Japanese computer and I sometimes switch to Japanese and then back by accident not realizing whether the characters I entered were the actual English characters or Japanese English characters... The problem is they turn up normally on my puter...