So when are you going to EP3?

Jedi_Joel

Agent
I'm going to see the midnight showing, as I did before with EP2! I'm psyched up!
So when do you plan on seeing the final episode?

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The actual day / week depends on whether 19 May falls within the school holidays here (I've lost track since they switched to a four-term year), but I will go on a weekday morning when it's a LOT quieter and I can almost get a whole cinema to myself because all the noisy fools are at school and work. Plus it'll be using "free" tickets thanks to the rewards points system on my credit card. :)

Alf

Agent
I plan on seeing it at midnight.

A Star Wars movie premiere is always a good birthday present. :balloons:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Not sure yet. If I'm here in Texas, no major plans. I'd have to drive 45mins-1 hour to get to a good theater. My mom wanted to see it with me (in part because she supported my collecting all these years, and when I was little she was the oinw who dug through thrift stores and garage sales to find all that vintage stuff). However, she's in Oregon. What with the C3 trip, I don't think I'll be able to afford another trip so soon.

Alternately, if I go to New Orleans, my friend works at a theater. He could probably get me in free, and possible first dibs on seats for a midnight showing.

JEDI FREIJAN

a.k.a. Darth Kraam
Midnight would be good, but I'm not sure which cinema to go too.3 to choose from.
Hey.. what do you think the trailer for Ep2 would be worth.I got given the film from a cinema of it?

Any way, I bet you all see it many times.
Let's see who goes to see it the most.

mynock11

Sith Medic
Does anyone get the bootleg movie? I am gonna go and wait in line this year .. there is a huge theater that puts on a big thing during the few days before ..people waiting outside they have all kinds of things going on like trivia pursuit tourneys and costume contests and a bunch of giveaways.. so i think myself and my son will be getting there early for sure...

Jedi_Joel

Agent
mynock11 said:
Does anyone get the bootleg movie? I am gonna go and wait in line this year .. there is a huge theater that puts on a big thing during the few days before ..people waiting outside they have all kinds of things going on like trivia pursuit tourneys and costume contests and a bunch of giveaways.. so i think myself and my son will be getting there early for sure...
Lucky you! My theatres do nothing, absolutly nothing about Star Wars. You wouldn't even know it was playing there if it wasn't for the now playing marquee sign.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Believe it or not, through the will of the force I ended up with a Bootleg copy of AOTC in my possession 1 day before it hit theaters. I didn't even ask for it...just friend of a friend of a jawa.....Of course, I didn't watch it.

Not sure what a AOTC trailer would be worth. I don't know about trailers, but I think the movies themselves are property of Lucasfilm and the distributor. Of course, old copies of films sit in distributor warehouses for years to be rented out to dollar theaters and universities, etc. It's got some value, but you'd probably more retail value (suggested for example only) as individual film frames or sets.

Jedi_Joel

Agent
If things work just right for me and my freaking work doesn't demand my services during that week, I will be able to have a big pre-movie bash and then watch it at least 3 times on opening day.

CreepyBunny

Infiltrator
darthskelington said:
Alternately, if I go to New Orleans, my friend works at a theater. He could probably get me in free, and possible first dibs on seats for a midnight showing.

And we'd have to fear for our lives during the showing. I say you come to visit and we go to the midnight show at one of the fancy theaters where everyone will be dressed up with their lightsabers. Hey, if my hair is long enough I'll even do some princess Leia buns! That's only if you come visit!

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
No midnight showing here, far as I know. First showing will be around lunchtime, I think. Got the day booked off work. Stuck it in the calendar wayyy back when.

Did similar for ep2, hadn't thought ahead for ep1. Took a half day for ep1, headed down to the cinema and the office had the cheek to call me just as I got my ticket -

"major issue with blah blah system and blah blah server"

"I'm going to see Star Wars in a cinema for the first time in YEARS".....

<click>

.....battery extracted!!!

I fixed it AFTER the movie, this time they'll know better ;)

Nightwing

New Recruit
there's a showing just before midnight on the 18th, so I just bought a ticket for that today, along with my ticket for hitchhikers