Snaggletooth & Eeth Koth. Detailed Pictures And Review.

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Hey guys,
first of all I would like to deeply give my thanks to one of our sponsors, WWW.DNSTOYS.COM for their incredibly friendly service and fast shipping of the figures being "exposed" here today; without them we would had not been able to see them here so soon. I highly recommend WWW.DNSTOYS.COM for all your collecting needs as they are a serious, reliable and friendly business.

Well, what can I say? These two new additions to the POTJ line are a definite 10, an A+, a TWO THUMBS UP. Hasbro really took good care of these sculpts, paying fantastic attention to accessories, articulation and detail as you will be able to notice in the pictures below.

Lets take a close look at Zutton the bounty hunter or as he is better known, "Snaggletooth."

ACCESSORIES: The figure comes nicely accessorized with a bazooka-like weapon and a small blaster pistol. Both of the weapons have been carefully sculpted, paying close attention to such things as grooves on their barrels, indented handle details and even a silver paint scheme on the small gun. Both weapons fit nice and tight in Snaggletooth's hands and the figure also includes a nice and proportioned holster to house the small blaster, right at knee level on Zutton's left leg. Adding on to the array of accessories, Hasbro has included a clear drinking glass, which can be positioned on the figure's right hand, allowing for an easy recreation of the character as he appeared in the Cantina scene.

ARTICULATION: The figure presents 8 points of articulation, which includes the added knee joints, giving this bounty hunter the ability to be posed either standing up or kneeling down. One thing though, and I believe it is the only downside with this figure; you will need to use a Real Stand in order to be able to have him displayed kneeling down. The figure will not remain in an upwardly pose unless is hooked on to a peg. On the upside, it can easily be displayed standing up without the need of a stand.

DETAIL: The body and head of the figure have been meticulously worked on. The resemblance to the real character is dead on, his outfit has been nicely sculpted including wrinkles, belt buckle design, gray and gold stripes on the shirt, shiny gloves and boots as well as straps for the holster. The index finger on the figure's left hand has been sculpted in a firing pose, as if he was holding the trigger.

Let's take a look now at Eeth Koth, the Council member and Jedi Master.

ACCESSORIES: This figure brings just one accessory, a lightsaber. But, it is the new design on this saber what actually makes this accessory stand above any of the previously ones made. The handle has been carefully crafted, including indentations, buttons and even a small peg on its side toward its top which allows it to be placed in a small hole found on the left side of the figure's belt. The blade of the saber can be removed, should you decide to display the Jedi Master with the saber's handle hanging from his waist. Closer to the saber's handle, the blade itself has a new sculpt which authenticates and recreates more of a laser's glow as seen in the films.

ARTICULATION: Although the figure presents one of the best fighting poses for a Star Wars figure ever, one that I do not think too many would like to change, it also presents articulation at the head, shoulders, left arm's elbow, right arm's wrist and the waist. Despite Eeth Koth long brown robes, he can be rotated 180 degrees at the waist without any complications, remaining standing at all times. The only downside this figure presents is the lack of articulation on his legs but I believe when the quality of the figure's design gets compared to the non articulated legs, this downside could be easily ignored.

DETAIL: Definitely an A+. Eeth Koth's head is one of the best sculpts, if it isn't the best sculpt, I have seen. Grab the figure in your hand and place it next to the picture of the character on the card, you will notice the resemblance is all for all, INCREDIBLE.
From the wrinkles on his robes, to the buckles on his boots to the gold design on his belt, the realistic sculpt of this character does not cease to impress me.

There is no question about it, Hasbro keeps getting better and better with the 3 3/4" line. We are surely seeing some of the best sculpts ever produced for the Star Wars line of figures. We can only imagine what they have in store for the near future as the line keeps improving at an incredible pace and Episode II keeps getting closer and closer.

Scroll down the page and take a look at the pictures. I'm sure Eeth Koth and Snaggletooth are two sculpts you will not want to miss. Enjoy!

Ishi Tib

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
zutton's data

Attachments

• zutton with data.jpg
    zutton with data.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 715

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
EETH KOTH'S CARD, FRONT AND BACK.

Attachments