Skels' DH-17 Blaster Rifle

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Here's my DH-17....I took my $5 Hasbro rifle and modified it slightly, then repainted it to accurately reflect and Imperial issue heavy blaster rifle. :D

I cut off the dart holder and plunger, sanded/shaved down the copyright info and Star Wars logo, and repainted it. The silver barrel I actually colored with a silver sharpie....which looks amazing..and was much easier than repainting the whole barrel with spray paint. I also filled in all the screw and plunger holes with hot glue before painting. Worked pretty good, but a sandable putty or plaster would have worked better.

I plan on using this with my future Royal Guard costume one day. :skel:

Also, I took a Bubble Tape gum container and spray pinted it black. I then used teh same silver sharpie to color the grip on the edges. I thought it might make a cool holo-projector prop. And....since it's hollow and can be opened...you could actually modify one with a battery powered light and attach a holo-sidious figure if you wanted a "working" holo-projector.

1465914647_6ab83d1bdb_o.jpg

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
NO WAY! That's awesome!! I'm very impressed with the Holo Projector too! I had some of those containers a long time ago but Never thought of using them for that. I might have to go to Wal*Mart and pick me up one :D How many sharpies did you go through on the barrel? :p Keep up the great customs!!

RYAN-J

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Thanks guys. :D Actually Ryan, I didn't use that much ink. The Silver sharpie perfectly matches the silver paint on the gun already, so I just had to color in the orange stripes and orange tip. :)

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
darthskellington;77024 said:
Thanks guys. :D Actually Ryan, I didn't use that much ink. The Silver sharpie perfectly matches the silver paint on the gun already, so I just had to color in the orange stripes and orange tip. :)

OH! I forgot that it had the orange Stripes on it. DUH! :p

RYAN-J

Ranana_coak

New Recruit
Skels DH 17 Blaster Rifle

Have you tried just unplugging the Blaster and using the old cable and plugging the drive directly into the board again and seeing if that works?