Site Downtime

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
The Bothan Spy will be unavailable for a significant portion of the evening on Friday, March 19th. During this time, we will be performing upgrades. Once the site is taken down, I will post a status page with more specific information.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Site Downtime Update!

I'm moving the downtime up. The site will be down later tonight. It's very likely that it will be down all night and back again tomorrow morning. During this time, there will be a status page - letting you know what's going on.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I'm opening the site back up. However, I haven't finished working on the forum yet. Everything should function correctly. I'm still modifying the look/style of the forum, adding/changing the images and I have several new features that I plan to add. This is a long process.

If you find any problems, please let me know.

Once I get everything finished, I'll post details on how the new stuff works.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Forgot to mention...

There are a few things that aren't working yet. Most notably are: the chat room, the "star system" for trading feedback and the AllTroops trade list integration.

These things will return.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Ohhh ... :shocked: it's all gone, errr "green".

Looks quite good, although the 'post a reply' smilies are escaping from their cell, led by that rebel in the UFO. ;)

Wanders off whistling Kermit's song. :D

Attachments

• Smilies.jpg
    Smilies.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 381

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Buzz Bumble said:
Ohhh ... :shocked: it's all gone, errr "green".
It will actually be "less green" once I have everything set right. I made the choice to bring the site back up as soon as possible. The consequence is that not everything is quite right yet.

Buzz Bumble said:
Looks quite good, although the 'post a reply' smilies are escaping from their cell, led by that rebel in the UFO. ;)
I'll take a look at that. Although, if your browser supports it, you might check out the new WYSIWYG enhanced editor. It's an option in your user cp.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Quite honestly, I am completely in opposition of the new look. It takes a much longer time to load and just doesnt seem nearly as convenient.

If I were in charge Id take it back to the old look, but im just an ewok :rolleyes:

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, it loads quite a bit faster for me.

Please don't judge the look of the forum yet. I knew I wasn't going to have enough time to finish the forum today (sleep is important from what I hear) and I felt guilty about leaving the whole site down while I was doing other things.

I intend to match (as close as I can) the look of the old forum layout.

Oh thank the Maker! I was huddled in a fetal position while chewing on my toenails waiting for the site to come back up. No, no, no, no......do not worry. I think I will be able to walk again. I didn't chew down to the bone.

Seriously though, you guys are doing some awesome improvements. It loads faster for me as well and I like the new feel.