Silver Fett on Sale Today

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
051503.fett.jpg

Today is the day that members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club can order Hasbro’s silver-painted Boba Fett action figure from the Fan Club website starting today, September 2, 2003 at 12:00 noon Pacific Standard Time.
«
The 3 3/4" likeness of the saga’s most infamous bounty hunter was created by Hasbro as a special thank you to Star Wars fans. The Official Fan Club sold the action figures at conventions this summer, and now will make them available to their members.
«
“Members who are concerned that there are not enough Boba Fetts to go around should rest easy,” said Lisa Stevens, President of the Official Star Wars Fan Club. “We have a good number of the action figures, and we should be able to make most everyone happy.”
«
The figures will cost $10.00 each plus shipping, and will be sold to all members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club, including Canadian and International members. Each member will be able to purchase up to two figures each. The figures will be sold while supplies last.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
There may be plenty available, but members SHOULD be concerned about some other pitfalls.

At 2pm central, Paizo's servers predictably slowed down, and I got an error during checkout. You also have to attach your subscription to you online account, which can take some time if you've changed addresses with them (try your original address).

Furthermore, Paizo does NOT take American Express or Discover!

If you don't have Visa or Mastercard, you're screwed.

Luckily I could borrow my neighbors card. I sent a politely nasty e-mail to customer service, asking for Paizo's opinion on the matter. I'll let you know what they say.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I went in around the time they were to start selling them and the site was at a crawl. I did manage to get through the process, but did recieve an error message when it was trying to go to the confirmation page (last page). I did receive a confirmation email that the order had gone through, so i think i'm good to go.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Originally posted by rogueace2000
I'm unable to get to the order section of the site. Anyone else experiencing this problem? :(

Just go to http://starwars.paizo.com/

If you click on the ON SALE NOW or AVAILABLE NOW links next to the picture of the fig, that should start the process.

However, if you have to attach your subscription address to your online account, it won't send you back to the order page. You'll just have to go back to the main page and start fresh.

Thanks darth, but I've been trying that link all night. At one point I got through and they wouldn't recognize me as a member, even though I paid the full membership last year and got all of the goodies with it. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the fact that I went via snailmail instead of resubscribing online.

Now I try that link and I keep getting "The requested application was not found on this server. "

A funny thing, I just got in the mail Saturday a letter from Paizo tyelling me that my subscription is due to expire soon. They gave me the option to resubmit via snailmail again, to call their 1-800 number, or visit their web site (www.paizopublishing.com). What the heck? :p

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Hmmm.....not sure how else I can help, Ace. However, I did notice that when I attached my address, it took me to a page that told me how many issues I have remaining.

I'd definitely contact customer service via e-mail or phone.