silver clone trooper on ebay

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Anyone know when/if/ how this figure will be made more available?

Is it planned to be a 'Vader', or and 'R2' type distribution?

Nightwing

New Recruit
I believe their site said not until 2004

I imagine it's gonna be released via the R2 way. I have already signed up to be notified when they come in.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Thats cool. I'd rather buy a lot of 'openers' at Toys'R'Us to get one than get out a mortgage for the current auctions. Some sites are better known for their bargains than others anyway......

Nightwing

New Recruit
from the latest newsletter:

There is NO confirmed release date or details of the promo/outlet for
this piece. Therefore we cannot guarantee any confirmed shipping info,
date or price at this time. However, as with the silver Fett and R2-D2
they will likely be available from us in larger quantities and at a
great price. But again, we cannot confirm this.
We have been accused of `scalping` these figures, when they are not
even available ANYWHERE else in the World today. We paid a lot of money
for the exclusive `rights` (if that word fits...) and as such we are
simply protecting our investment by imposing a high starting bid. We have
very few pieces in stock, and as such cannot sell them below our cost -
and we have also been told not to sell them on our website (so
apologies to those of you who do not like using ebay). We are simply respecting
the wishes of our genuine supplier.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
As far as i have heard Toys R Us have bought the entire lot (run) and will be having a Midnight Madness Sale again (read that somewhere). There again don't quote me on that.....
Hopefully it will be more accessible to everyone, the way it should be

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
The Vader figure was and still is to most an unobtainable nightmare. Hopefully with this Clone Trooper and if the rumours are true about TRU, we should be all able to get one (or two?);)

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
sighs....

another silver figure. At that price...........and there are still people who buy it. Hmmmm. Well, ive stopped collecting for a while due to multiple reasons, im too lazy to list. It just seems like its too endless a hobby, but im gonna keep what i have, and when i have the space, display it. but for now, ive started keeping animals extensively and and they are much more active than action figures. Now it just hurts pulling the $5 out of my wallet to buy a new figure, when I already have the same thing on a different card, and seeing stuff like this silver clone makes me wanna kill hasbro. Ive discovered that figures arent really as cool as they used to be when they werent over manufactured and when stores werent overstocked with the same old boring wave 1 figures covering the pegs. Its really all about profits now and it makes me sad. If I ever get more cash, I will start collecting again, but for now, I just cant be so addicted.

But I will still be here regardless if I collect or not.

Okay, im done now. Basically, the clone isnt worth it. If you buy that at this point, you could use some patience.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
These 'exclusive' figures shouold defintely follow some kind of logic. I agree that a Maul should have happened before a clone Trooper, but shouldn't there have been a 3po first?

As for price, paying more than $10 for ANY figure is something I just wouldn't do. CC is right, they ain't worth it. Repackaging the same figure in order to generate sales is a cynical thing for Hasbro to do and I will not support them in this.

If they want to put NEW figures in NEW packaging, then thats fine, I'll consider buying, but never the same old thing with different colored cardboard! :guns: :guns:

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
You would think that hasbro would have been all over the silver 3po figure, since all they would have to do is slap a tc14 into a new package and done. it may be this reason that 3po hasn't been done.... that 3po is already gold.
as for the silver fett... i am disapointed in this one. the vader was kind of a smoke chrome color with some metalic blue highlights. the r2 was a traditional chrome color with some blue highlights. and this fett looks like i took a 300th fett out in the back yard with a can of silver spray paint and did it myself.
there are two ways to look at the repackaged figures... one is that your going to get a new luke or maul or whatver because it's a popular character. perhaps hasbro sees that sales on those figures are low and repackaging a figures makes more sense. no ofense to chris solo, but i've been wondering for a while, how many damn r2's can they make? i don't want and r2 that beeps or one that has little rockets that come out the sides or any of that... i just want an r2 that looks good with a turning head and a retractable leg. unfortunately, they made that figure but only in a short run. if they're going to repackage figures, they need to do the better ones and/or the ones that were HTF, which usually are the same. instead of "all new likeness" leia, we should have gotten the CT Leia w/ hood.
now that I've said all of this... it seems like we have a thread with a similar topic.
the point... i say that the silver figures should be more rare, in that you shouldn't start seeing images of the next silver figure before you get the current silver figure. once a year would be nice. I think they should also try to make it an exclusive at one retailer and leave it there... meaning that if TRU did the r2, then they should do the fett and clone and all others. if the other retailers get jealous, then come up with something new for them.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Maybe they could do some silve vehicles or more 25th anniversary scenes for the other retailers. Nice idea Amshak!

Nightwing

New Recruit
the only reason for silver figures, is what the original one was meant for: Vader celebrating 25 years of Star wars.

So technically, we should get one for ESB in 2005- my pick being Yoda- and so on

Yoda Man

New Recruit
In my opinion, I think they should only make silver figures that are part droid or mechanical such as Vader. I personally think a silver Obi, Yoda, or Leia would look strange.