Sigma and Applause Ceramics Checklist

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Here's a checklist I've compiled of ceramic items by Sigma. Mostly from Tomart's, as well as my own collection. I don't own any of the non-mug/figurine sigma items, so I'm not aware of variations or how to tell some of them apart.

I've also included a list of Ceramic mugs by Applause and NECA. If yous e any errors, let me know. I'll update as I come across other info.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Sigma Figurines

Bib Fortuna
Boba Fett
C-3PO/R2-D2
Darth Vader
Galactic Emperor
Gamorrean Guard
Han Solo
Klaatu
Lando Calrissian
Luke Skywalker
Princess Leia
Wicket W. Warrick

NOTE: The hang tag checklists that came with the figurines also listed Jabba and the Rebo Band. Jabba is actually a bank and the Rebo Band was a music box. I think a Biker Scout might have been listed too, but was never produced. I don't have a tag handy at the moment.

Sigma Mugs

Biker Scout
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Darth Vader
Gamorrean Guard
Han Solo (Hoth)
Klaatu
Lando Calrissian (Skiff)
Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot)
Princess Leia
Stormtrooper
Wicket
Yoda

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Other Sigma Items

Chewbacca Bank
Yoda Bank
Jabba the Hutt Bank
Darth Vader (Anodized Silver) metal Bank
Yoda S&P Shakers
R2 & R5 S&P Shakers
R2-D2 String Dispenser/Scissors
Yoda Vase
C-3PO Pencil Tray
C-3PO Tape Dispenser
Yoda Tumbler/Pencil Cup
C-3PO Picture Frame
R2-D2 Picture Frame
Darth Vader Picture Frame
Snowspeeder Toothbrush Holder
Landspeeder Soap Dish
Yoda Backpack Box
Darth Vader Mirror
Luke/Taun Taun Teapot
Stormtrooper Cup/Box
Yoda Candlestick Holder
Yoda Tumbler/Pencil Box
Hoth Turret w/C-3PO Music Box
Rebo Band Music Box
Ewoks Music Box
Hexagonal Cookie Jar (features Vader & Droids)
Vader/Chewie Bookends

Set of 4 Coffee mugs
Plate, Bowl, Mug set
set of 4 vinyl placemats

Last edited:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Applause did an excellent line ceramic mugs surpassing the quality of the Sigma mugs. They all look very impressive, with perhaps the human characters being the least interesting of the lot. (On a side note, Applause also produced a similar line of ceramic Star Trek character mugs).

For AOTC, NECA produced many of the products Applause had previously had the rights to. Unfortunately, the product quality of many of NECA's early properties was dismal. (This included items for Star Wars, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Beetlejuice. It appears NECA has improved upon their initial offerings with higher quality products in their Kill Bill, Lord of the Rings, and Pirates of the Carribean lines.)

NECA produced two ceramic mugs: Jango Fett and a Clone Trooper. These paled in comparison to Applause's mugs, but looked almost as good as the Sigma line.

Galerie produced a few ceramic items in 2005, availble at Target, Toys R Us, and possibly other retailers. Though quality and detail was lacking on the smaller items, the price point was good (approx $4). The large cookie jars were extremely well done, and also well priced ($15-$20). I found a mystery CHewbacca goblet listed on eBay. Other items may exist as well.

Cards, Inc. appears to have produced a line of ceramic items in 2005 for the UK market. This included standard-shaped coffee mugs, and at least 2 figural mugs, as well as 3 cookie jars.

Applause Mugs

Bib Fortuna
Boba Fett
C-3PO
Chewbacca
Darth Maul
Darth Vader
Darth Vader (Silver)
Emperor Palpatine
Gamorrean Guard
Han Solo
Jar Jar Binks
Luke Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Princess Leia
R2-D2
Stormtrooper
Tusken Raider

NECA Mugs

Jango Fett
Clone Trooper

Galerie Mugs/Containers

Darth Vader
Chewbacca
R2-D2

Chewbacca Goblet
Darth Vader Cookie Jar
C-3PO Cookie Jar

Cards, Inc. Mugs/Cookie Jars (these appear to be UK only items)

Clone Trooper (ROTS) Mug
Darth Vader Mug

various standard shape coffee mugs with ROTS themes

R2-D2 cookie jar
Clone Trooper bust cookie jar
Red Shock Trooper bust cookie jar (limited to 250)

NOTE: There are many, many high end cookie jars produced by a company in the late 1990s that deserve their own thread. Anyone have expertise on these?

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Again, thanks for the compliments and amazing links. I need to start visiting your site more often. You've got info on all the stuff I don't own :p

And you have a set of the Applause mugs! I'm quite envious :worship:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Updated the list with the ceramic products produced by Galerie in 2005. These items were primarily available at Target, but also at Toys R Us and possibly other places.

These included 2 cookie jars: Vader (roughly 9" tall) and C-3PO (about 11", or life-size).

Also three mugs (or cup-like) containers: Chewbacca, Vader, and R2-D2.

All came with packs of M&Ms.

While researchng this on e-bay, I cound a Chewbacca goblet also produced by Galerie, although I'd never seen or heard of this before. It's kinda goopfy looking. :p

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Got any current pics of these Skel? The links in the thread seem to be dead now.

I'm aware of a bunch of Beer Steins that might fit into this category, some pretty cool. Dont have details of manufacturer etc to hand, but can find out.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Hmmm....I noticed on of R2 Dee 2's other photos is gone in another thread. :( I don't have a full set, but I could try and post some pics from my colelction sometime. Ebay is full of pics of vintage Sigma items. Applause s fairly common too. With teh exception of that Chewiee Goblet and teh Vader cookie Jar, no Galerie pics on ebay as of that post.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Those goblets were Halloween 2005 items, I think there was a Yoda one too. I never saw them myself, but I read about them and I think Alf saw them at Target.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
New Update.....I've discovered MORE figural ceramic mugs! Created for ROTS, Cards Inc. had produced a ROTS Clone Trooper and reportedly a Darth Vader. They have also created several normal shaped coddee mugs with various themes. Additionally, they have at least 3 ceramic cookie jars: R2-D2, Clone Trooper, and Red Shock Trooper (ltd. 250). These all appear to be marketed only in the UK! As of today all are on ebay in various auctions. I'll try and produce images sometime soon.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yes Boru, Applause and perhaps other companies produced a number of beer steins. There were three basic ones..one for each classic movie, as well as some super-fancy character themed steins/tankards. If you have a pretty good idea of what is out there, perhaps you could post a list and description in it's own thread. :)

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
New thread started, with some photos. Apologies for large size of photo (dowload will be slow for those on dial up), my skills inthe image management area are barely Padawan....

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
NECA Photo and another update

I received the latest Entertainment Earth catalog in the mail today. In it was yet another ceramic figural mug from an unknown maker. It is of Darth Vader and has a lid....so that Vader has a full helmet. I look more into this soon.

Also, here is a pic of the two NECA mugs, along with a silk-screened "Heroes" mug from AOTC, also by NECA. I recently won these off eBay, and have yet to clean them up and remove the stickers. Once I do, I might post abetter picture.

Attachments

• TBS NECA mugs.jpg
    TBS NECA mugs.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 515

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Wow...thanks for the pics CK! That Fett cookie jar is very inpressive. And now i'm almost certain I'll never have a set of the UK mugs. :p At least not at a reasonable price. Oh well.