Should you buy ''Attack of the Clones'' on DVD?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
111102.aotc.jpg

To buy or not to buy, that is the question before fans across the galaxy. The product? The DVD release of ''Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones.''
«
Last year, ''Episode I: The Phantom Menace'' mustered up huge video and DVD sales (some 18 million units have moved to date) as the disc's extensive special features offered a tempting sideshow -- even for those who didn't particularly love the film itself.
«
Read ew.com's review here

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
why wouldnt I buy it. I already have the first one. And, there is this weird quirk i have where if I buy one part of a series, I am forced to buy the rest. I have no idea why, that is just how it is.

The movie is good too though hehehe :p

han solo

Friend of a Wookie
I don't have a DVD player yet(hoping for one for christmas) so it's the VHS for me :) which is fine.. and if and when I get a DVD player and chose to buy EP2 AND it is as good as the hype for the DVD I'll buy one and mabye EP1 :D :D

Barada

Saboteur
Borsk, VHS is short for Very Horrible Sound. Back in the old days of 8-tracks and vinyl records, people would play a movie printed on a tape. It featured scratchy looking visuals, and sound that was either two-channel stereo :( or, and this is hard to say, MONO! These tapes had to be manually forwarded to select scenes, a tedious process to say the least, and if you did this often enough, the tape would stretch, creating all kinds of havoc with what is already bad picture and sound. They didn't even have menu screens and few had extras like documentaries and deleted scene footage. To quote our favorite Jedi Master, "How embarrassing, how embarrassing."

Barada

PS. To all people that for whatever reason are still using videotape, and even prefer it, please take this as the joke it is intended as. ;)

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Now THATS dedication to collecting, going out at midnight to get a DVD

Maybe you could copy it onto a Betamax tape for me ?

PS. Where'd all da smiley's go ?? (not available in the msg editor atm)

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Still waiting to buy mine..sniff,sniff. Got to get paid end of week then i'll pick it up (on DVD)...ah remember the days of Betamax..lol

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
fave beverage? Star Wars drinking game already?! That's dedication...to something....

:)

Barada

Saboteur
Well, the insanity continues. After working 12 hours Monday night, finishing at 7 am, I went and waited for Wal-Mart to open and bought my copy of Clones (as well as the deluxe gift boxed set of LOTR - what a package that is!) I went home, already very tired, and needing sleep for another 12 hours Tuesday night. Well.....just a peek at the DVD ended up me watching the entire movie (INCREDIBLE!!!), the deleted scenes, the three short featurettes, and all the trailers and TV spots before I finally decided at 2:30 pm to get 2 hours of sleep.

Dedication, or stupidity? I barely survived the night.

Barada

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
The cg montage (can't remember the exact name) that's in Dex's Diner is very cool.

Anything with Christopher Lee is very cool.

Natalie falling off the blue mechanical bull is very cool.

:)

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
This is a VERY entertaining thread to read. I want to go to toyrus to get my copy because its cheep

The only issue is im pissed at them because they lied to me. I go to buy the little ask yodaman and to get my little r2. I wasnt gonna buy anything unless they still had the silver r2. The cashier says they still have them and when I go to the service desk to get it...........
After waiting for somebody to return their computer game.

I waste 1 hour of my tuesday night when I could have just gone home to do something else.

The only problem was I had nothing to do but still................................................................................................... ........................................................................................................ ........................................................................................................ ........................................................................................................ ........................................................................................................ ......................I DIDNT GET R2D2 BOO HOO BOO HOO BOO HOO :(

If anybody has a MOMC extra they could sell to me for a reasonable price w/ regular shipping....id appreciate it greatly.

Im sure some of you have 50 of him. Ishi probably does.

AND I have absolutely nothing to trade. ......that is not an option