- What -
The Sci-Fi Expo celebrates 25 years of Star Wars during the
release of "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"

- When -
May 17-19, 2002: 3 Big Days!
Sneak Peek Friday 2pm-6pm
Saturday 10:00am-6:00pm
Sunday 11:00am-4:00pm
Ticket Booth Opens: 1:00pm Friday and 9:00am Saturday.

- Where -
Plano Convention Center
2000 E Spring Creek Parkway Plano, Texas
1/2 mile east of US75 on Spring Creek Parkway

expo1.jpg

exponew.jpg

042602.motti.jpg
042702.maul.jpg

Temuera Morrison/Jango Fett, Jeremy Bulloch/Boba Fett, Ray Park/Darth Maul, Dave Prowse/Darth Vader, Peter Mayhew/Chewbacca, Jerome Blake/Various Episode I, Mike Quinn/Nien Numb, Garrick Hagon/ Biggs, Kenny Baker/R2-D2, Richard LeParmentier/Admiral Motti

JANGO FETT ...We are very pleased to announce that Temuera Morrison will be appearing at the 25th Anniversary show in May! A truly great guest for fans of the upcoming Epsiode II.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tickets Online Now...Many have asked! Here it is! Tickets are now on sale for this historic event.
http://www.scifiexpo.com/may2002.html
Some tickets are limited in quantity, so don't delay!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Read...If you purchased tickets by mail in the last two weeks we need to talk to you. A system crash has deleted some of our May ticket records. Customers who ordered by Paypal have been recovered using Paypal records. If you are effected by this, please email Ben by clicking on the "contact us" button on the left. We apologize for this and have additional backup procedures in place to prevent this from happening again.

Special Presentations...Join us as we welcome these great Star Wars personalities to this very special event. In addition to the great selection of Star Wars, Sci-Fi, and movie memorabilia, we will have celebrity panel discussions, making the saga presentations, a collectible "road show" giving you a chance to have a piece of your collection appraised, and much more. Get your tickets now!

The Movie Fight Xperience!
We are proud to announce that we will be hosting a very special event at the May 2002 Show. MFX features Star Wars/X-Men actor Ray Park and Ewan McGregor's stunt double from Episode I, Andreas Petrides. They will be performing fights from various movies including the final duel. Lights, music, the works! Don't miss this one!

Redleader

New Recruit
I might be able to make it to that since I can't go to Indy........Amshak I suppose that you'll be there right?

I'd be cool to meet Jango!

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
unless something comes up that prevents me from going, i'll be there.
I believe that joewhite and BIGBADJEDI will also be attending.
We'll figure out some way to hook up.
Anyone else thinking about going?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Ok, anyone else thinking about going?

I know joewhite, BIGBADJEDI, & geppetto (thejawa.com) are going. I think that Redleader is going.. anyone else?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
- Schedule -

Friday
03:00pm Exhibit Hall Open
03:00pm Autograph Area Open (Friday guests announced soon)
04:00pm Behind the Scenes - Movie Magic
06:00pm Closed

Saturday
09:00am Ticket booths open
09:00am Annual Pass members admitted
10:00am Open
10:30am Autograph Area open (Main Stage & Windhaven Room)
11:00am MFX starring Ray Park & Andreas Petrides
01:00pm Ray Park Autograph stage open
01:00pm Temuera Morrison on Stage
02:00pm Temuera Morrison Autograph Area open
02:00pm Mike Quinn - "I Didn't Know Nien Nunb Was a Puppet?"
03:00pm NewTek - Movie Magic
04:00pm Millennium's End The Fandom Menace
06:00pm Closed

Sunday
09:30am Ticket booths open
10:00am Open
10:30am Autograph Area open (Main Stage & Windhaven Room)
10:30am Ray Park Autograph stage open
11:00am Temuera Morrison on Stage
12:00pm Temuera Morrison Autograph Area open
01:00pm Star Wars 25 year Celebrity Reunion
02:00pm NewTek - Movie Magic
03:00pm Millennium's End The Fandom Menace
04:00pm Closed

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
logo_trans.gif

We we will be hosting a very special event at the May 2002 Show. MFX - THE MOVIE FIGHT EXPERIENCE features Ray Park, the actor that played Darth Maul and Ewan McGregor's stunt double from Episode I, Andreas Petrides. They will perform live on stage fights from various movies with lights, music, the works! There will be a 'Q and A' session and an autograph signing during the event.

Check out www.moviefightexperience.com Don't miss this show!

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
newtek.gif

NewTek invades Plano
Philip Nelson of Newtek will be on hand to demo their new Lightwave 3d software. Newtek's Toaster and LightWave software is responsible for many of the high end cool space animations and renderings from many of your favorite Sci-Fi tv shows. Make plans to sit in on this cool presentation!

Everyone that attends the NewTek demo will get a FREE copy of AuraDV which retails for $695.00! For details on this great Video Paint System click here.

aurra.gif

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
fandom.jpg

Millennium's End: The Fandom Menace
Filmmaker Jeff Cioletti returns to Plano for an encore screening of
Millennium's End: The Fandom Menace, a documentary chronicling the anticipation for Star Wars, Episode I: The Phantom Menace during the two years prior to the movie's release in May 1999. The film includes interviews with such individuals as Harry Knowles of Ain't It Cool News and the creative forces behind such websites as TheForce.net, JediNet.com and StarwarZ.com, as well as the team behind Blue Harvest magazine. The film won Best Overall Film and Best Documentary at the first annual Matters of the Force film festival at DragonCon in Atlanta in 2001.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Star Wars Roadshow Update
Got toys? Want to know what they are worth? Fans and collectors alike may bring up to 10 Star Wars items per day to Todd Carlton's "Super Collector" booth, our local resident expert, for him to identify, grade, and appraise. Todd, the author of the all new 2002 Star Wars Super Collector's Wish Book writes a challenge to the fans: "if any customer brings in an item (2001 and earlier) that is not listed in his all new Wish Book, that person will receive $5.00 off the immediate purchase of the book.
In between apprasials and grading, Todd will be displaying and discussing pieces from his own collection with fans and collectors. Todd will also be covering guidelines for grading, cleaning, restoring, and caring for your collectibles and memorabilia".

So dig into your closets and pull out your old Star Wars treasures. You never know what it might be worth!

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I didn't know Nien Numb was a puppet!
Join Star Wars actor and puppeteer Mike Quinn for a improvisation and recreation of the Lando and Nien Numb cockpit scene. Audience participation is encouraged! Dont miss this fun and informative talk with Mike as he talks about his career at Lucasfilm and Pixar. Look for our schedule to be posted here soon!

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Autographs Explained
All tickets into this event are numbered. VIP ticket holders have lower numbers than general admission tickets. (We call out groups of ticket numbers to meet the celebrities) Because of time constraints, only vip ticket holders are guaranteed to meet all the celebrity guests. and general admission ticket holders may not have the opportunity to meet the headline guests.
All our celebrity guests charge a fee to sign memorabilia or to sign one of the photos from their selection of work. Fees have ranged at past events from $10.00 to $20.00. Payment for these autographs are made directly to the guests at the show, except Tem Morrison. Tem's autograph session will require a special autograph coupon that entitles you to one autograph on any one item you present, or on our Jango Fett color 8x10 photo. While there is no limit to the number of coupons you may purchase, customers are limited to 10 items per person per visit. (so if you want more than that, you will have to get in line a second time) This will the line move more smoothly for everyone waiting.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
meetray.jpg

Come and see the man behind Darth Maul this May!
We are pleased to have Ray Park back in Plano for out big Star Wars event in May. Ray is most famous for his role as the amazing Sith Lord, 'Darth Maul'. You may have also seen Ray in the movie 'X-Men' as 'Toad' and as the rampaging headless horseman in Sleep Hollow. Ray has recently wrapped up filming with Antonio Banderas and Lucy Liu in the movie, 'Ecks Vs Sever'.

Ray will also be performing on stage along with Andreas Petrides who played stunt double for Ewan McGregor in 'Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace'. 'The Movie Fight Experience' will blow you away!