San Diego Comic Con

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Anyone going to this? Was wanting to know if any kind Bothan would be able to pick up a spare Silver Sandtrooper? And if they do, can i buy it from them?

Now the grovelling had finished, if someone could grab one for me ,i would be very grateful. will pay Cost plus shipping to me and i'll throw in a fig from my trade page...

Regards and thanks for listening.....

DA

Nightwing

New Recruit
I was gonna get a friend to try and get me the luke in stormtrooper disguise and clear rebel mini-bustsfron Gentle Giant, but I got this e-mail yesterday from them:

Hello to our loyal Collectors' Club.

Gentle Giant would like to give you a quick update live from San Diego Comic-Con. Hopefully, you have seen our 6 foot tall Boba Fett “maxi-bust”, our 3 foot tall Clone Wars Yoda maquette, or our newly debuted Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise mini bust. For the moment, we would like to inform you about what is going on with the distribution of our exclusive product the Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise mini bust and Spirit of the Rebellion Bust-Ups 4-pack. As was originally posted several months ago, our intention was to sell these products on a first-come, first-serve basis. Unfortunately, Comic-Con officials have instituted a policy that forbids this type of sale on exclusive product and, for the safety of attendees and exhibitors alike, have mandated a raffle system.

Details regarding the raffle system will be posted at Gentle Giants booth (2813H, in the Star Wars Pavilion) during the show. Raffle tickets will be handed out, free-of-charge, at the start of the show, and a drawing will be held in the afternoon for winning tickets. Winning ticket holders will be able to redeem their tickets for purchase of the appropriate exclusive. Unique tickets will be handed out for each exclusive. Additional measures will remain in effect, such as badge punching and 1 per person limit.

Regarding distribution of the exclusives at Wizard World Chicago and to our Collectors Club through our online store, all previous announcements are still in effect at this time, but are subject to change per the whim of show management.

We would like to apologize on behalf of Comic-Con for the timing of this announcement being made, as we know many of our loyal fans have planned on arriving at the show early with the intention of purchasing our exclusives.

For further information, comments, suggestions, or questions regarding Comic-Con's policy of sales of exclusive product, please contact Comic-Con directly at:

By mail:
Comic-Con International
P.O. Box 128458, San Diego, CA 92112-8458
By phone: 619-491-2475
By fax: 619-414-1022
By e-mail: cci-info@comic-con.org

We at Gentle Giant are aware that not all companies have chosen to abide by Comic-Cons mandate, but we accede to Comic-Con's decision regarding the safety of the shows attendees.

Sincerely,
Gentle Giant
Bummer! Hasbro are giving away free stuff such as unleashed cardbacks and the galatic heroes biker scout

check it out here

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
I would love to be able to help you out Darth Aussie, but alas my swimming lessons are failing me.

So far I'm up to swimming about 10 miles, so that leaves me about 3500 short to make it to San Diego.

In case there are 2 kind souls here at TBS, could I grovel to basement level to take a place in the queue behind D.A. to but a spare silver trooper??? Please please, pretty please, with a cherry on top and a lifetimes good karma on the side ???

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Hey Boru, Good to see you back. I know what you mean about swimming only a little further for me and i'm not a good swimmer either.

Any kind souls will to help out their fellow Bothans with SDCC requests , please reply here........please?

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Nice one Aussie, thanks for the mention :)

How does the little silver bundle look?

I've had a mega hit, about 2 days back on good old ebay.....picked me up a silver sandie with abundle of other con gear. Should arrive any day now. Way cheaper (and easier) than swimming over :)

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Hey Boru, no problems. my silver trooper should be on his way soon too. Good friend in Canada picked one up for me from the fan club (hope its ok)...

Nightwing

New Recruit
Darth Boru said:
Nice one Aussie, thanks for the mention :)

How does the little silver bundle look?

I've had a mega hit, about 2 days back on good old ebay.....picked me up a silver sandie with abundle of other con gear. Should arrive any day now. Way cheaper (and easier) than swimming over :)
what other con stuff did you pick up? i got:

The Luke mini bust(as you have just seen)
spirit of the rebellion bust ups(pictures tomorrow)
spirit of the rebellion bust-ups glow-in-the-dark(not opening those)
and from forbidden planet: Kill Bill 88 Quentin, Adventure Kermit and Surper Beaker

I think I've had it with silver figures. They've become so...common! :(

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Hiya Nightwing!

Didn't get anything as cool as the bust-ups.

Just the galactic heroes Biker, pen, poster and patch. Didn't even realise there were bust-ups exclusives......ya didn't get 2, did ya ?? ;)

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
This is basically a gratuitous post to mark my 900th.

When 900 posts YOU reach, look as tired, you should not! :)

Nightwing

New Recruit
Darth Boru said:
Hiya Nightwing!

Didn't even realise there were bust-ups exclusives......ya didn't get 2, did ya ?? ;)
yes, but I'm not taking the glow-in-the-dark chase bust-ups out of their packages, seeing as there were only 500 made