Royal Guard Cake

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Today Erica and I created a Royal Guard cake. It's actually her birthday cake (a few days early), but also doubles as a practice run if we ever need to make one for a charity event. (A friend of ours has created a pink Royal Guard costume in support of Breast Cancer Awareness).

Erica baked the double-layer strawberry cake, with strawberry frosting, and decorated it. I created the stencil and lent my taste-testing talents. ;)

3994700580_cff4be7c4b.jpg

3993932917_e09f112046.jpg

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Oooooohh YUMMY! Can we have a contest to see who can win a peice?? :D Cake looks great. Have fun eating it!

RYAN-J

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Alf;85216 said:
Cool! I'm glad it turned out good :)

I was worried because Warren made the stencil on regular paper, that it would peel all of the frosting off, but it only took a little off. We were at Hobby Lobby yestrday and they have make your own stencil kits, so sometime we'll have to make a permanent stencil we can use more than once. :)

It tastes really good, by the way!! :cookie:

markwough

New Recruit
I like Cake among them Strawberry cake and chocolate cake are my favourite. Your Erica baked the double-layer strawberry cake, with strawberry frosting is good and it's decoration is also too good. You have a good talents I will also try to make cake at my home.

Capt. Khurgee

New Recruit
Hey There You Two,

What a great cake! It looks scrumptious!

I only just came across this post and the pic. I wish I had known about the cupcakes, I would have loved one at Fan Days.

How have you guys been? I haven't heard anything from you in ages... I can't say anything at the moment, but I'm keeping everything crossed for August...

Take good care and I hope we'll get a chance to meet again soon.

Chris

darthskellington;85212 said:
Today Erica and I created a Royal Guard cake. It's actually her birthday cake (a few days early), but also doubles as a practice run if we ever need to make one for a charity event. (A friend of ours has created a pink Royal Guard costume in support of Breast Cancer Awareness).

Erica baked the double-layer strawberry cake, with strawberry frosting, and decorated it. I created the stencil and lent my taste-testing talents. ;)

3994700580_cff4be7c4b.jpg

3993932917_e09f112046.jpg

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Hi Chris...good to hear from you. :) I hope someone has at least been in contact with you re: August. If not, let us know and we can start campaigning for you. ;)

Yeah, the 501st had a charity bake sale at Fan Days to support Breast Cancer research. We made a number of strawberry and red velvet cupakes. However, only a handful got the Royal Guard decoration treatment....the stencil for the cupcakes was just too small....and the frosting too uncooperative... to make it work. It wasn't until after the sale was over that some of the Legion members realized they were even miniature Guard helmets. :p The bake sale was a huge success. Combined with some charity auction items....the Legion raised well over $2000...the bulk of the donations coming from the bake sale donations. I forget the final amount, but it was an overwhelming success.