ROTS Figure Variations

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I would like anyone to post any figure variations they are aware of in this thread.

I am aware of the card color change/difference (purple/blue) and i consider that a production error, not a variation.

I'll get it started with this list

#2 Anakin Skywalker see image below
Packed with a changeable hand which is holding a normal saber hilt
Packed with Dooku's Saber

#17 Battle Droid
Tan
Red

#23 Royal Guard
Red
Blue

#35 Palpatine see image below
Packed with Blue Lightsaber
Packed with Red Lightsaber

#36 General Greivous see image below
Lightsaber packed on left side of bubble
Lightsaber packed on right side of bubble

#43 Wookiee Warrior see image below
Tan Wookiee
Brown Wookiee

Deluxe Anakin/Vader
Armor packed down the side of the buble (in view)
Armor packed behind the insert (out of view)

Deluxe Obi-Wan/Super Battle Droid see image below
Super Battle Droid's left leg attached
Super Battle Droid's left leg unattached

Attachments

• ROTSV02Anakin.jpg
    ROTSV02Anakin.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 298
  • ROTSV35Palpatine.jpg
    ROTSV35Palpatine.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 290
  • ROTSVDLXObiWan.jpg
    ROTSVDLXObiWan.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 275
  • ROTSV36Greivous.jpg
    ROTSV36Greivous.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 288

JediSearch

S.C.A.L.P. Special Ops
AmShak said:
#2 Anakin Skywalker see image below
Packed with a changeable hand which is holding a normal saber hilt
Packed with Dooku's Saber

Which one is more difficult to find?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
well... i have seen more of the 1st version (straight hilt with hand) than i have of the 2nd version (dooku hilt).... but i think it's too early to really know which one might be the one that ends up being harder to find. also, just because i have seen more of one kind in my area than another means little since distribution is not even. my guess on this figure is that when it's all said and done, neither will really be worth more than the other. i'm sure this figures pops up again in later waves and that dooku hilt will be easier to find.

for those people who do not know.... there is a date stamp on each figure. usually a 5 digit number that is stamped on the back of the card. a lower number means a earlier release. this is how you can tell which version came first. generally changes are made early in the production run which makes the first version harder to find. some people may be experiencing this with the palpatine with blue saber variation. occasionally, changes are made later in the run and/or the production run is cut short and the 2nd version becomes more valuable. since hasbro does not reveal production numbers and claim they do not keep track of changes which result in variations, it could take up to a year before anyone really knows which one is more valuable or harder to find. anyone who has been involved in any kind of production facility knows that changes ARE tracked and EXACT quauntities ARE known. hasbro is well aware of their consumers and know that variations help sell their product. i'm certainly not saying that hasbro creates all of these variations on purpose but anyone who thinks that some of these variations are not done for this purpose are fooling themselves.

anyway, back to the point... if you are looking for the first version, i would suggest TRU... for the 2nd version, i would try walmart or target.

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
AmShak said:
if you are looking for the first version, i would suggest TRU... for the 2nd version, i would try walmart or target.

Since I found out about this variant I have been looking... Everyone I have seen has been the Hand and Saber version. These were at Wal-Mart.

AmShak- Are you aware of the Droid Fighter and Wookie Warrior Color variations? (Paint job)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Jedi Freezeman said:
AmShak- Are you aware of the Droid Fighter and Wookie Warrior Color variations? (Paint job)

i haven't seen the droid fighter variation yet but i have seen the wookiee warrior varaition. i usually wait a bit on the paint variations, like the wookiee warrior, to see what we really have. sometimes some of the other sites find one picture on ebay of one figure that has a different paint scheme and they call it a variation when it is really a production error .... IMO. it does appear that the wookiee warrior paint change is a variation. if you have images, post them and we'll take a look.

there is also another possible variation floating around out there on the deluxe Frank-n-Vader. it seems that the first version of vader's head had much more detail painted on than later versions and there are even dull and glossy version of the head. we saw something similar with the helmet on the POTJ Obi-Wan in Training gear. i have at least 4 different version of that helmet and the big difference is the shine or dullness.

what i call a variation and what others may call a variation will probably differ. i'm always interested in what everyone else finds, even if it's just a production error. some production errors are quite interesting (to me anyway), like a figures head being turned backwards in the package.

IMO, figure variations are more rare than packaging variation and i personally don't track every bubble change. i judge those on an individual basis. if the bubble change really impacts the way the figure is presented, like the Deluxe Anakin/Vader or the Deluxe Obi-Wan/Super Battle Droid, then i ususally include that as a variation.

my general rule is that any intentional change made by hasbro during the production run is a variation and everything else is a production/packaging error.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
added a packaging variation on the general (#36). not too exciting but it should be an easy one to find for the variation collectors.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Jedi Freezeman said:

i have still only seen one version of each of these (in person). if anyone has any images they would like to share, we would love to see them.

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
I have the 2 versions of wookie warriors. I have not purchased any of the vulture droids. I will try to post some pictures in my next post.

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
Dark Brown Wookie Variant Posted. I don't have the Tan/Brown Figure yet(the one shown on the card backs), I'll be meeting with my in town trade contact this week.

Posted the Bonus Figure packaging of the Barc and AR-AT. Not that these are variants, but if you're going to spend the money, why not get a bonus figure :) I found these at Kohl's. Every where else has the standard packaging... so far.

Attachments

• Wookie Variant.JPG
    Wookie Variant.JPG
    162.3 KB · Views: 272
  • AT-RT Bonus.JPG
    AT-RT Bonus.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 278
  • Barc Bonus.JPG
    Barc Bonus.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 260

Darth-BlixII

Sith Clone Commander
I've only seen
The Anakin skywalker with hand and Lightsaber hilt.

Dooku hilt is very Rare.

I've seen Both the wookie warriors
havn't seen the Barc speeder with wookie warrior or the Clone walker with the clone trooper.

I've seen only the 2nd version of the caped General grevious.

I only seen Red saber Palpatine.
Never seen the Blue saber palpatine.