:rock: :rockon: :rock:

Barada

Saboteur
That's because U2, Cranberries, and Sinead aren't exactly what you'd call metal Borsk, although the shrieking from Sinead and the singer of Cranberries certainly sounds like a nail on metal :)

Just because the three are Irish doesn't mean Boru has to like them. I live in Canada, but you won't find me promoting any Celine Dion garbage. :hurl:

Barada

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I find some of the ways these bands have been categorized funny. I was making a joke.

Originally posted by Borsk
.....I'm proud of everyone for not bringing up GWAR or Primus. Good job.

The only song I know from Primus is Wynonna's Big Brown Beaver.........
she strokes it all the time.....

and they're dressed like the rubber people from the old Duracell comercials. The video was cool.

Barada

Saboteur
Primus also does the theme song on South Park - probably the only thing they have done that is listenable.

While I never got into GWAR, they don't annoy me either.

Sorry Borsk, I think I missed the joke there. :(

Barada

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Contrary to popular belief, the Pogues are actually english. Shane McGowan is from London. :D

They originally called the group 'Pogue Mahone' which is Irsh for 'kiss my ass'. Someone in the UK pop establishment figured this out and they changed it t the pogues (the kisses) a bit less controversial.

PS. Just cos Bono lives round the corner from me, doesn't mean I like U2 (although I do :D )...they still don't count as metal though

Nightwing

New Recruit
Originally posted by Darth Boru
Contrary to popular belief, the Pogues are actually english. Shane McGowan is from London. :D

They originally called the group 'Pogue Mahone' which is Irsh for 'kiss my ass'.
Irish gaelic
PS. Just cos Bono lives round the corner from me, doesn't mean I like U2 (although I do :D )...they still don't count as metal though
about as metal as marilyn manson :)

Look at Shane... isn't he cute! You are lucky...You can actually see one of his teeth!

shanehits2.jpg

Barada

Saboteur
Not metal, but great bands out of Australia also include INXS and Men At Work, and I guess Midnight Oil.

My son is partial to The Wiggles though :)

Barada

Nightwing

New Recruit
Originally posted by Darth Aussie
One of the best bands to come from Aussie .....ACDC

:guns:
not to mention Scotland. The Youngs are Scottish, and Brian Johnson is a Geordie, living on the border

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Originally posted by Borsk
Do you hang out with The Edge, Bono...err...Boru?

Well, er....not really, no.

When I say 'around the corner', I really mean about 5 miles away. The house where he grew up is only about 1/2 a mile away though.

Currently he lives in a really expensive place, where lots of celebs have houses. If you hang around the city on weekends though, you're almost gauranteed to see someone famous (its a small city).

A few years back I saw Gabriel Byrne (Usual Suspects) every morning for weeks on my to work (he was walking the opposite direction). All I ever said to him was 'Good Morning'. Got to the point where he said 'good morning' to ME first (me being a bit sleepy). Very strange, but strangely true.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Wiggles, Barada? thats heavy stuff...watch him, he may be corrupted already over to the Dark Side....lol
Love Midnight Oil...great in concert.Unfortunate not to see INXS and with Hutchence not here anymore, bit of a let down to see now...:(