:rock: :rockon: :rock:

Dark Jedi

Banned
:rock: Who here likes Heavy metal? Ya know stuff like Marilyn Manson..Just wondering... :rock:

PS. I just wanted to ask, do you like my old avatar with the one red saber? or my new one ( the one you see above )

If you still classify Ozzy, Sabbath, ACDC, Judas Priest, and Maiden as heavy metal then I do.

I did like Marilyn Manson until I saw him. His stage show turned me off.

Metal has changed so much. It doesn't exist in its pure form anymore. Its like a mixed drink. There's thrash metal, speed metal......

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Yeah, but guys like you mentioned, plus a few more, are still around to show the new guys how it should be done.

I tend to bundle the whole lot together as 'Hard Rock'. Groups like Leppard have proved themselves for over 20 years. Band to watch for the future are definitely 'The Darkness'.

Barada

Saboteur
Is there anything else?

Def Leppard has been my fave band for well over 15 years now. Other faves include G n' R, Metallica, Rob Zombie, Sum41, and Ozzy.

Barada

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I like most of the bands mentioned above, but i would like to add Queensryche and Tool to the list. Going back a little further and since Def Leopard is in there, I'd like to add Dokken and Ratt.

Nightwing

New Recruit
Originally posted by Dark Jedi
:rock: Who here likes Heavy metal? Ya know stuff like Marilyn Manson..Just wondering... :rock:
now, THAT is funny! :D

Ifyou want heavy metal, you need to talk along the lines of the people who invented it- Led Zepplin :cool:

Dark Jedi

Banned
Originally posted by Barada
Is there anything else?

Def Leppard has been my fave band for well over 15 years now. Other faves include G n' R, Metallica, Rob Zombie, Sum41, and Ozzy.

Barada

sum41?! :hurl: I don't like them to much, they are a bit too close to soft rock for me.....:rolleyes: The rest of those I like ok, I still can't believe Ozzy actually ate a bat though....never heard of Def Leppard...

Nightwing

New Recruit
Originally posted by chris solo
I've been leaning alot more to alternative and punk lately. I really like Green Day, Sum 41 and Blink 182.
Nothing beats pure punk- the Ramones, Sex Pistols, The Clash

Barada

Saboteur
....never heard of Def Leppard...

Such a shame, and reflective of today's youth. If it's not from the last two years, it doesn't exist. Leppard was one of the biggest bands in the world in the late 1980's, and still survive now, although MTV won't be playing anything from them. Too old :rolleyes: To ask if anyone else likes metal but to never have heard of them is simply sad. :stupid1:

I actually like all kinds of music (except rap, r&b, and hip hop :hurl: ), but my preference definitely lies with straight ahead guitar rock.

Barada

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
I like a lot of different kinds of music. I even like rap as long as it is still music, and techno, again if it is still music (see Beck). I didn't get into punk when I was young but now I am starting to appreciate it...

Zepplin rocks!!!:rockon:

Dark Jedi

Banned
Originally posted by Barada
Such a shame, and reflective of today's youth. If it's not from the last two years, it doesn't exist. Leppard was one of the biggest bands in the world in the late 1980's, and still survive now, although MTV won't be playing anything from them. Too old :rolleyes: To ask if anyone else likes metal but to never have heard of them is simply sad. :stupid1:

I actually like all kinds of music (except rap, r&b, and hip hop :hurl: ), but my preference definitely lies with straight ahead guitar rock.

Barada

Well, e-mail an MP3 at someone_whants_me_dead@hotmail.com
and also, yeah I hate the crap outta rap..hey that rhymes...anyway can't stand hiphop either, hate those damn backstreet transvestites er...uh boys, at least they say they are...

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
AC/DC....they're back in black of course :D

Never heard of Def Leppard? For shame, for shame.

I suppose mentioning Warlock, Doro and Mama's Boys is asking way too much of the youth of today.

Don't know you're born if you can't quote the masters.

Not that I'm saying any of these three are masters, but they were around big time in the heyday of proper metal.

The Masters.....Hmmmmm....

Iron Maiden
Thin Lizzy
Led Zepplin
Motorhead
Def Leppard
Black Sabbath
Ozzy
AC/DC

etc etc etc

Never rule out the likes of Joan Jett (& the blackhearts) either....

See any search engine under metal of the late 70's early 80's.
LEarning can be fun :D

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see any Cranberries, U2 or Sinead O'Connor on your list, Boru.

I'm proud of everyone for not bringing up GWAR or Primus. Good job.