Repro Weapons

Whats the best way to tell repro weapons from origionals?

With the ever increasing flood of repro weapons on the market the odds are we're going to get stiffed one of these days. Which weapons and accessories have been reproduced?

Have you had any bad experiences with this issue?

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
That's a difficult question, and I'm no expert.

However, I know most all guns, lightsabers, and plastic capes ahve been reproduced. Some of the obscure items, such as ewok hoods and Dulok weapons might not have been, I really don't know. I know there are also repro AT-AT chin cannons and the little rubber Death Star "Rope" piece.

Some repros are metal. From what I've heard, repros are more rigid (possible brittle), and sometimes thicker.

I have a few weapons that I assuem are repro, including some lightsabers (the tiny tips are quite rigid, and I recall the old ones bent quite easily becasue they are thin.) I think these would break if I bent them. I also have a black Lando General pistol that I believe to be repro. I don't have one I know is original, but the gray version that came with Jedi Luke is quite thin, and the barrel on mine is discolored from being bent. The black one I have is very thick in comparison.

I'm sure there are a few other repro vehicle parts. People now days can also print out new stickers, which could be a problem with R2-units, but great for customizing.

I noticed the other day that under a black light, the stickers on my known vintage R2s did not glow. However, on one R2 I got from a dealer, the sticker is in nice shape and does glow.

Has anyone else ever noticed this? Can anyone else with a black light check?