Repackaged figures

Yoda Man

New Recruit
Look what I found at Entertainment Earth.com. You know how they made the first 16 2003 figures and then from there on they made figures with new packaging? Well, now it seems they have decided to change the packaging on the ones that didn't get the change. See

SW Basic Figures Wave 3
Just in time for the 2003 holidays comes Hasbro's newest Star Wars 3 3/4 inch Basic Figure Assortment Wave 3. Figures have been previously released but have new packaging . Includes 12 individually packaged figures: 2x Luke Skywalker Throne Room Duel, 2x Darth Vader Throne Room Battle, 2x Snowtrooper - The Battle of Hoth, 2x Han Solo - Hoth Rescue, 2x Boba Fett - Pit of Carkoon, 2x Anakin Skywalker Secret Ceremony (subject to change).

SW Basic Figures Wave 4
Just in time for the 2003 holidays comes Hasbro's newest Star Wars 3 3/4 inch Basic Figure Assortment Wave 4. Figures have been previously released but have new packaging. Includes 12 individually packaged figures: 3x Aayla Secura, 3x Barriss Offee, 3x Yoda and Chian, 3x Ashla and Jempa (subject to change).

joewhite

New Recruit
Man, that is a shame and a slap to the face to collectors!!! The recent repacks and variants were enough to make me hang up my collecting hat. Really a shame!

Yoda Man

New Recruit
I WAS RIGHT

Attachments

• bobafett1.jpeg
    bobafett1.jpeg
    37 KB · Views: 260

Yoda Man

New Recruit
I'm betting they might repackage the other 2003 figures. It's a waste of my money, but I know I will give in.

Attachments

• yoda-chian1.jpeg
    yoda-chian1.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 264

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
In my opinion if you already have them no need to get them again. But there will be collectors wanting to have one of each variant, different paint scheme, card packaging etc....up to the individual's.(wallet...;) )

joewhite

New Recruit
As much as I loved collecting, it started to annoy me how so many rehashes were coming out. I realize that I'm the one who should have self-control and just buy what I need but being a completist, I found no end in sight.

Eitherway, what Hasbro has been doing all year was enough for me to jump out. But, as long as I have my POTJ collection, I'm happy.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
this really isn't that much different from what hasbro did with the potf2 line. $2 GC weequay vs. $300 FF weequay? how many times did they repackage that han figure? OC, GC and FF? and don't forget jabba beast pack and the head swap for the gunner station and i'm sure i'm leaving out something.
I can't say that it excites me to see the figures repackaged, but one advantage is that i don't have to buy an opener for the 2nd, 3rd or whichever time that they repack the same figure.

joewhite

New Recruit
That's true. But at least the bubbles back then were nice and small (I loved the old bubbles). They didn't take as much space for MOC collectors. I can't say that I would still collect if the bubbles were still the same, because I quit for several reasons (repacks and Hasbro being the strongest), but that would have been a big plus since I was never really a fan of the bigger bubbles.

And about the FF's. At least you got something extra and different in the form of a still frame instead of just a gold line along the side of the card. Can't say the same for the head swaps and such but in my opinion the good outweighed the bad back then.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Totally agree about the new bubbles.. while they look great, they are a @#$% to pack if you are MOC collector....:mad: