Real fans want ‘Revenge’ served right

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Lucas must honor characters with better story in series finale

It's fair to say that “Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith” is the most anticipated film of the summer. For costumed superfans, who are already lining up in front of local theaters hoping to be first in line to see the conclusion to the saga, this is an event. For those of us who don't want to be fodder for Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, it is also a must-see film, after the initial rush has passed.

I really, really want to like this movie. The fact that it promises to be dark with no happy ending, much like “The Empire Strikes Back,” makes it more appealing. But after seeing “The Phantom Menace” and “Attack of the Clones,” I wonder if George Lucas can bring the emotional intensity needed to make this movie a fitting conclusion.

Click here for more.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
In the last two movies, Lucas put too much focus on delivering the big Industrial Light and Magic action scenes to the attention-deficit kiddies instead of a well-crafted story for those of us who are his real target audience, the children of the original “Star Wars” generation. Action scenes are a huge part of the success of the original “Star Wars” films, but it was the story that kept bringing the fans back to the theater.

In “Phantom Menace” and “Clones,” Lucas the director appears to only have commissioned Lucas the screenwriter to put some words together to link one action sequence with the next. Stilted dialogue such as “I feel something terrible has happened” and “the power of the Dark Side is strong” repeated over and over does not make for an engaging story.

I didn't hate “Menace” and “Clones,” but I was disappointed. I was hoping for the same thrill that I got from the original films. Maybe, thanks to the cynicism of age, it isn't possible for me to have the same emotional connection to these movies anymore. And unfortunately, Lucas did not hire a better screenwriter and director for “Sith” (both positions are still filled by him). He did, however, recruit Steven Spielberg to help him with certain sequences, which is encouraging.

In order to complete the story and give it the fitting conclusion it deserves, there are a few points that have to be addressed. These are essential to me and some like-minded “Star Wars” fan friends. Here's hoping that Lucas remembered us, and the original story, when he wrapped up “Sith.” We'll be watching.

From truculent boy to Dark Lord of the Sith

Remember “Star Wars?” Yeah, in that movie, Darth Vader was a controlled, deliberate Sith. He didn't act impetuously and, goodness knows, he did not whine. Anakin Skywalker, particularly in “Clones,” is a whiner. He is impatient, moody and not remotely menacing. He's more like a teenager who got put on restriction for missing curfew.

Yes, I realize that is part of the plot development — that he is susceptible to the Dark Side because he is a willful, unfocused, ego-bruised Padawan learner. But we're getting down to go time, and judging from the trailers he's still whining and still nobody understand him! How are we supposed to believe that this guy is capable of becoming the methodical villain that made him the star of “Star Wars”?

It's too easy to blame Hayden Christensen, but he's only working with the words that are given to him. Lucas must find a way to settle him down and deliver an emotional wallop that is devastating enough to turn this truculent boy into the cold, unquestioning servant of the Emperor that haunted “Star Wars.”

Since Vader is unaware of the whereabouts of Luke and Leia, or their existence for that matter, the loss of his children cannot push Anakin to the Dark Side. It's unlikely that Padmé will be the deciding factor either (presumably she will be with the children, at least until their birth). Anakin is motivated by power, not love (there is no love on the Dark Side).

No, the final push has to come from Obi-Wan, his mentor and the source of his greatest frustration. Obi-Wan, who has always counseled him to moderate his emotions and put duty over his personal desire, must betray him, at least in Anakin's eyes. Anakin wants, he covets, and when he doesn't get what he wants, he gets angry. The Supreme Chancellor, soon to be the emperor, offers him power. But it will be Obi-Wan's betrayal that pushes him to align himself with the emperor.

One thing is for sure. We know there is a climatic fight scene between Obi-Wan and Anakin in “Sith.” Fingers crossed.

Help us Obi-Wan, you're our only hope

Obi-Wan is a central character in four of the six movies. He's the voice of reason and continuity. We know he ends up in hiding on Tatooine. But let's please get him there with the dignity he deserves.

Like many of the other characters, Lucas has given Ewan McGregor trite, cliché-ridden lines that reduced the mighty Jedi master to a full-size Yoda wind-up doll. But we are at war now, and with his impetuous apprentice sliding toward the Dark Side, Obi-Wan needs to take care of the problem. True, anger is the path to the Dark Side, but even a Jedi knows when enough is enough. If Anakin cannot be trained as a Jedi, he must die like the Sith scum that he is.

We do know that Anakin and Obi-Wan have a battle to end all battles on the molten planet of Mustafar. And we know they both survive, albeit with one in a biomechanical suit. But despite his peaceful Jedi nature, it must be clear that Obi-Wan is trying to kill Anakin. The future of the Jedi — and Anakin's children — are at stake, and that takes precedent over one miserable Sith. To have Obi-Wan save him from the fiery depths would be yet another cliché.

Obi-Wan will, of course, be guilt-ridden by this anti-Jedi behavior, but knows that he must make sure that Luke and Leia remain hidden from the Emperor. After securing their safety, he takes to the caves of Tatooine, to hide, reflect on his failure as a Jedi and on his tutelage of Anakin, until we meet him again in “Episode IV” as Ben Kenobi.

Padmé, the token chick

Like Princess Leia in the original trilogy, Padmé Amidala has been reduced to window dressing. Feisty, devoted to her cause (she knows the working end of a blaster), she has no real power and no real purpose in this movie, other than to dress in exotic clothing and give birth to Luke and Leia.

It's very sad to see a good actress like Natalie Portman reduced to a cliché, especially a cliché with simpering lines. So following the cliché, this bright woman, a senator no less, has put her good sense to the side and married an emotionally unstable man that she has to sneak around to see because, as a Jedi, he's not supposed to marry anyone. But she can get smarter, and like a lot of women who make mistakes, she can get out.

In order to turn Padmé into a fully developed character, she has to leave Anakin. But she can't leave him because she is pregnant. No, most likely, she won't realize she's pregnant until after she's left him. She will flee to Alderaan, with the help of Bail Organa. She leaves him because she decides that she must remain true to her cause and her beliefs. She can see Anakin shunning his Jedi teachings and falling deeper and deeper under the influence of Chancellor Palpatine.

Since there is no mention of her in “Episode IV,” it is safe to say she does not survive “Episode III.” But if she stands by her cause, and not her man, her death won't be in vain.

No, there is another ...

And finally, we come to Luke and Leia. Presumably, Padmé dies in childbirth, or closely thereafter (after all, she's fulfilled her only real function in this George Lucas universe). So who does it fall to to protect the children — the future generation of the all-but-extinct Jedi? The last remaining Jedi, of course, Obi-Wan.

The girl, who is less likely to draw attention from Darth Vader, is given to Viceroy Bail Organa of Alderaan to be raised as his own daughter, Princess Leia. But Luke is the “new hope.” He must be hidden and watched over. Obi-Wan can't raise Luke himself and run the risk of them both being captured and killed by the Empire. No, Luke must be placed in a remote, but safe spot where Obi-Wan can keep an eye on him.

Enter Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. Knowing that Anakin/Vader would never want to return to Tatooine, the planet where his mother died, Obi-Wan takes the boy to their moisture farm and tells them what happened to Anakin (who they meet in “Clones”). Since Anakin's late mother was married to their father, they take in the boy and raise him to be a farmer, telling him that his father was killed during the Clone wars.

No, I'm not going out on a limb on this scenario, but it is essential that we see this in the film. We must see the boy Luke left behind on Tatooine, while Ben Kenobi heads for the hills, as his father takes his spot at the right hand of evil.

Please, George, make it so.

Taken from MSNBC.com - Written by Denise Hazlick

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
The same author posted "what readers want from Revenge of the Sith". It can be found here.

Chewy's story

I'm shocked that nobody is talking about the role that Chewbacca is going to have in this movie. Han Solo was always my favorite character, and I'd like to see the origin of their relationship. Since Chewy has a life debt to Han, I'd like to see Han's father die while saving Chewy's life and then have the wookiee save young Solo. —Ed, Lubbock Texas

Vader built C-3PO

Lucas has always said that “Star Wars” is written from the point of the view of the droids. But how in the world does C-3PO and R2-D2 fail to remember Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme, Tatooine, etc.? In “Episode IV,” Obi-Wan tells Luke “Interesting, I don't recall ever owning a droid.” Is Obi-Wan lying? Maybe. “Episode III” has to show the droids' memories being erased to protect the twins or some event that explains why the droids do not remember anything. After all, Vader built C-3PO. —Marc Jason, New York, N.Y.

Return of Qui-Gon?

As is rumored on many fan sites, we all want to see Qui-Gon Jinn (the Jedi who "found" Anakin on Tatooine, decreeing him the chosen one) return in some form in the final film. According to both the novel and the leaked script Qui-Gon does return in at least voiceover form explaining the central theme of “Star Wars.” We NEED to see him physically in force ghost form as we see Obi-Wan in the original trilogy. This will help bridge the two trilogies into one masterpiece for the ages. —Eric English, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

What do those droids know?

Lucas needs to explain why C-3PO and R2-D2 have no prior knowledge even though they were there. I mean, you think they at least could have filled Luke in about his father and whatnot. —Name withheld

That devil, jealousy

I think essentially jealousy is what pushes him over. He begins to feel insecure about Obi-Wan and Padme, in much the same way Othello felt. He buys into lies which the emperor/senator spins him. It ties into his frustration with Obi-Wan that he is being held back in “Clones.” He starts feeling that she is unfaithful, or has feelings for Obi-Wan. So jealousy, frustration, etc. —A true fan, Norman, Okla.

Anakin at death's door

I'd have Anakin Skywalker become aggressive, taking greater and greater risks for whatever side he happens to be on at the moment, fogging and deceiving subtle minds like Yoda, Mace Windu and the rest of the Jedi Council. I'd even have him plot this early against Palpatine, and trying to sway Obi-Wan to join him so they can bring order to the galaxy. I'd have him toss his blue lightsaber away and pull out his red one when he finally does go all entirely evil and out in the open.

At one point, I'd have him battling both the Emperor and Obi-Wan so that he has a black and white choice between siding with duty and honor or supposedly saving his wife and baby.

Before the Emperor's stooges rescue Anakin on the molten planet and put him in the black armor and helmet, I'd have him lingering at death's door. The Force itself will give him visions of the next 20 years of his miserable mechanical existence so he can relive his evil again and again, but visions devoid of Luke and Leia, which is why later when he discovers they outlived their mother, it'll be easier for him to turn to the good side in the end. His children will be hope he'd never have on his own. —Darth Mojo Risin, Los Angeles, Calif.

Padme ready to fight

One of the things that bugs me about almost everyone's review of the first two prequels is the fact that Anakin is whining and sounding like a rebellious teenager. Well, hello! He is! By the time that Episode IV comes along he's had around 15 to 20 years to mature into this dark brooding baddie that you see in the original trilogy. And no one complains about Luke whining... he's worse than his father. I for one will be seeing it opening night. I also share the concern for the storyline. I believe that George really botched the first two, they were enjoyable, but the story didn't match the originals. As for Padme, if you see the trailers you do see her confronting Anakin on Mustafar — and he warns her not to betray her — ooooh it's the good stuff. —William Lowther, Redlands Calif.

Padme lives!

Padme cannot die in “Revenge of the Sith” because she is briefly mentioned in “Return of the Jedi.” Luke asked Leia if she remembered her mother, and Leia responded with: “Very little. I remember brushing her hair and there was some sadness in her eyes.” Leia would have to be at least three or four years old to remember that. —Steven Emery, Oklahoma City, Okla.

Obi-Wan can’t know about Leia

One thing that George Lucas has to remember is that Obi-Wan does not know that Leia exists. In “The Empire Strikes Back,” Obi-Wan says that Luke was their only hope as he flies off to Cloud City. Yoda tells them that their is another. Also, Anakin can know about the twins. The catch is that he becomes so succumb by the Dark Side, especially after his fight with Obi-Wan, that he forgets all about his life as Anakin Skywalker. He starts his new life as Darth Vader and forgets about his old life. This also gives Lucas a way to not make Anakin totally evil. Third, Anakin should be led to think that Obi-Wan is the reason that Padme leaves him and goes into hiding. This finally pushes him over to the Dark Side. Fourth, Obi-Wan and Yoda need to talk about where they will be hiding and why they are there in the first place. Obi-Wan needs to know where to find Yoda so he can send Luke there. Lastly, Anakin needs to torture and kill Jar-Jar Binks. George Lucas owes the Star Wars fans that much. —Angelo Belli, Columbus, Ohio

No more whinny Anakin

wow. that couldn't have been more similar to my exact thoughts and concerns with Revenge of the Sith then if I wrote this article myself. I liked your comment that Anakin sounded like a whinny brat in “Clones,” because that is exactly what he was. However, you make an excellent point that he must grow out of that whininess in “Revenge” and become the ultimate evil that we see in the original series.

Also, people give Episodes I and II a hard time, but really there is a lot going on in those movies that is lost upon most people. Particularly regarding Palpatine and his manipulation of the system to slowly gain more and more power.

one minor thing is you left out, what happens to R2 and C-3PO? But who cares, they're minor characters and more comic relief then anything. —Bryan

Ego not anger

If I had any control of this series, Anakin would have been “killed” or captured by the Emperor at the end of “Clones.” In "Sith" he would have been a secret — hidden away somewhere while the Emperor worked to convert him through lies, manipulations and mind tricks. The surprise would have been in what little of a push it would have taken to send him over. Anakin comes off as a frustrated idealist in “Clones,” and I would have played on his becoming Darth Vader out of the sense that what he was doing was truly right — a benefit for the galaxy. His true tragic flaw would be his ego, not his anger. Darth would be revealed to the Jedi about half way through “Sith” as an assassin sent to kill them all, but not out of hatred — out of a sense of just taking charge of the sinking ship that he believes the Republic to be and making things “right.”

Lucas has gone too Saturday Matinee with this. Hatred and anger equals bad is so one-dimensional and cookie cutter. People do not cast themselves as the villains in their lives — when they do something wrong it is because they feel they are justified — even if only while they are doing it. Anakin's motivation should be one of setting things right — not just destruction and anger. Vader shouldn't play a role in taking over the galaxy simply because he's having a tantrum. He should be more complex than that.

The best villains (and here I'm particularly thinking of Hannibal Lecter) are the ones we have a grudging sympathy for because we can understand what their motivations are, however flawed they may be. Because we can see ourselves in them, they scare us even more. A bad guy who is just simply “bad” for the sake of being bad is boring and completely hateable with no real depth — they lack believability. Make them human (or in Darth's case, at least half human), and you have a villain that is truly frightening, because we can see ourselves reflected darkly. —Carlton Fisher, Watertown, N.Y.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
more..

What’s Anakin’s motivation?

The most essential element to the story of Anakin Skywalker is why he became Darth Vader? What could cause a young boy to set out and betray everyone around him, ultimately becoming the most feared figure in the universe? Was it power, love, or something else?

If I were to have written “Revenge of the Sith,” I would have to ask myself what were Anakin's motivations? He ultimately wants peace throughout the galaxy. He just wants a utilitarian peace and thinks that someone should enforce the idea of equality. The path to hell, as they say.

He had everything of his life stripped at such a young age including his home, his mother, and his childhood. He left home, leaving his mother to eventually meet her doom in his absence. He couldn't save her. If the Jedi would have left him alone, she'd be alive because he would have been there. He has a forbidden love with the one pure and warm person he has encountered in the corrupted cold of space. That is to be ultimately taken away from him as well. Now, he finds that the power he seeks, the goal he wants to achieve, is beyond him and the skills he has honed under the tutelage of the Jedi.

The Jedi are now in his mind to blame for all his unhappiness. He feels they are responsible for his mother's death, his inability to pursue a relationship, and even though they all claim that he is the chosen one, they tell him to wait, think, don't react, slow down, etc.

These are the things that we need to see at the heart of “Sith.” The special effects are just window dressing. We have to see that even though Anakin is supposedly the chosen one, it's his actions that defy the order of Jedi that ultimately lead to bringing balance to the force.

The final shot should be a montage of four ideas. A young Leia being dropped off in Alderaan before her mother dies. There is a moment in Jedi where Luke asks Leia if she remembers her mother. “Just a little bit.” She said, “She died when I was very young. She was... very beautiful. Kind, but sad.”

Yoda retreating to the swamps of Degobah which become his new home. And ultimately, Ben Kenobi leaving Luke in the hands of Owen and Beru Lars. And as he walks towards the horizon and the caves beyond the Dune Sea. He then turns and takes one last look at the boy. A voice over between him and Yoda comes across. “Qui Gon really thought that boy was our last hope.” Yoda then answers as a toddler Luke precariously stands and walks into the scene of the twin setting suns of Tatooine, “No there is another.” —Michael Puskar, Pittsburgh, Penn.

Yoda gets busy with the lightsaber

There are some definite elements that I would personally love to see in this movie. The first thing that I would love to see in this film is the actually birth of Luke and Leia. I think that the film should really show the birthing process. The only other thing that I think this film needs to show us is Yoda in a more intense lightsaber sequence, possibly in an attempt to save the Jedi council. I would also like to see exactly how, in great detail, Anakin ends up wearing the Darth Vader suit. I mean, is it something that he wears for intimidation or was it a really bad accident that made him have to wear that suit. I believe just with those two elements in the film it would make it one hell of a ride to watch and see. As an added bonus, I personally would love to see Jar Jar die the worst death in Star Wars history. —Thomas Hawkins, Frostburg, Md.

Smuggling story

Somehow, you have to add in the beginnings of the smuggling operations. You don't necessarily have to introduce Han Solo, but some back story as to why the smugglers exist in episodes IV, V, and VI would be nice. —Dan, Brimfield, Mass.

Yoda on the ropes

I think we have to see Yoda as left for dead. Even though the Emperor knows how much more powerful he and Vader are, he would still have to consider Yoda as a threat if left alive and would one day begin training Jedi again. For this reason we must see a powerful fall of confidence in his abilities of being a Jedi Master as he goes off to hide in the swamps of Dagobah. —Tom the Star Wars fan, Milwaukee, Wis.

Keep us excited

Despite all of us knowing what will happen, “Revenge” needs to have underlying tension throughout the entire film. Hopefully the exposition will be limited and instead the film will flow instead of looking like some type of chopping block for special effects. Tension is why the Lord of the Rings films worked so well. Let's hope that Episode III has this as well. —Thy Nguyen, Chicago, Ill.

Leave some of that CGI on the shelf

Have some shots with "real" stormtroopers. And remember in "A New Hope", the space battle at the end of the movie, almost each one of those pilots had a name. You can relate more to a movie when you can feel it's almost true. —Manny S., Ill.

Nightwing

New Recruit
here's my theory:

the reason most fans did not enjoy the first two prequels, is that they saw the original trilogy when they were kids. Now grown up, they see films in a different way. If the Star wars Trilogy was released today, and not 30 years ago, do you think it would have received the same reaction? I doubt it

Jedi_Joel

Agent
It's quite clear that 90%, if not more of these people haven't read anything from the EU.
Chewy's story
I'm shocked that nobody is talking about the role that Chewbacca is going to have in this movie. Han Solo was always my favorite character, and I'd like to see the origin of their relationship. Since Chewy has a life debt to Han, I'd like to see Han's father die while saving Chewy's life and then have the wookiee save young Solo. —Ed, Lubbock Texas
He's never read the Han Solo Trilogy by AC Crispin.

Vader built C-3PO
Lucas has always said that “Star Wars” is written from the point of the view of the droids. But how in the world does C-3PO and R2-D2 fail to remember Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme, Tatooine, etc.? In “Episode IV,” Obi-Wan tells Luke “Interesting, I don't recall ever owning a droid.” Is Obi-Wan lying? Maybe. “Episode III” has to show the droids' memories being erased to protect the twins or some event that explains why the droids do not remember anything. After all, Vader built C-3PO. —Marc Jason, New York, N.Y.

What do those droids know?
Lucas needs to explain why C-3PO and R2-D2 have no prior knowledge even though they were there. I mean, you think they at least could have filled Luke in about his father and whatnot. —Name withheld
This is basically explained in the audio dramatization of ANH.

Barada

Saboteur
Re: Real fans want ‘Revenge’ served right

Nightwing said:
here's my theory:

the reason most fans did not enjoy the first two prequels, is that they saw the original trilogy when they were kids. Now grown up, they see films in a different way. If the Star wars Trilogy was released today, and not 30 years ago, do you think it would have received the same reaction? I doubt it

I've been saying that since the Phantom Menace bashing first started.

Barada

Barada

Saboteur

Jedi_Joel said:
It's quite clear that 90%, if not more of these people haven't read anything from the EU.

Some of don't consider anything not put on film by Lucas to be irrelevent. ;)

I've read the Solo trilogy, but when I was a kid - and that was a long time ago.

As for Chewie, let's just say his appearance in ROTS is more of a cameo than any plot advancement. Same with all the Wookiees.

Also, he is the only major OT character to make his first PT appearance in this movie. That means no Solo, Lando, etc.

Hope those aren't considered too spoilerish.

Barada

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Barada said:
Some of don't consider anything not put on film by Lucas to be irrelevent. ;)

I've read the Solo trilogy, but when I was a kid - and that was a long time ago.

As for Chewie, let's just say his appearance in ROTS is more of a cameo than any plot advancement. Same with all the Wookiees.

Also, he is the only major OT character to make his first PT appearance in this movie. That means no Solo, Lando, etc.

Hope those aren't considered too spoilerish.

Barada
Wrong Solo Trilogy. ;) The one you're referring to was written by Brian Daley. Nah, you didn't spoil it for, I'm kinda glad they didn't include them because I feel that in EP3 they're trying almost too hard to reach out and demonstrate similarities to the OT.

The only main OT character's appearance I'd approve of in EP3 would be a cameo of Han in passing. Now I don't know if this happens in EP3 or not, and I don't want to know till I see the movie so don't tell me, but I would of like to have seen Chewie with other wookiees having been captured in battle, is being unloaded on Coruscant in shackles. Chewie's still being stubborn and is slowing things down and the Imp in charge of the group pulls out an energy whip and starts hitting Chewie. A group of Imperial Officers just so happen to be passing by as Chewie is being beaten, and one of those officer's attention is caught by this and stops. One of his fellow officers yells something like "Common Solo, we gotta go!", and it just fades out and transitions to somewhere else. Now you don't have see Han's face or anything, everything can just be simply implied.

Barada

Saboteur

Jedi_Joel said:
Wrong Solo Trilogy. ;) The one you're referring to was written by Brian Daley. Nah, you didn't spoil it for, I'm kinda glad they didn't include them because I feel that in EP3 they're trying almost too hard to reach out and demonstrate similarities to the OT.

You're right - it was Daley's trilogy I read.

ROTS reaches out and connects both the PT and OT together, in many ways. Almost all of them are cool too. ;)

Barada

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
ok, here's my take ..... I don't think that people dislike the prequels because they saw the OT when they were kids and that 30 years later, Lucas doesn't have the touch. I don't think that star wars was popular because it was released 30 years ago. I do think that it would not be as popular if it were released today, instead of 30 years ago. what I do think is that everyone who saw the OT way back when, has had 30 years to imagine what came before, after or in between .... consciously or not.
For myself, I don't want to say I was disappointed with ep1 but it sure was not what I had expected. confused might be the better explanation for how I felt about ep1 (and shock at that damn jar jar character). Today, I prefer ep1 to ep2 ... but I still think the story would have been better served if they had started with Anakin being older and dropped the whole gungan thing.
my point is that until people understand that Lucas isn't making their version, that he is making his, they won't ever accept the prequels.

Barada

Saboteur

AmShak said:
I still think the story would have been better served if they had started with Anakin being older

Trust me, there is a reason it started then. All will be explained come May 19. ;)

Barada

Nightwing

New Recruit
Jedi_Joel said:

The only main OT character's appearance I'd approve of in EP3 would be a cameo of Han in passing. Now I don't know if this happens in EP3 or not, and I don't want to know till I see the movie so don't tell me, but I would of like to have seen Chewie with other wookiees having been captured in battle, is being unloaded on Coruscant in shackles. Chewie's still being stubborn and is slowing things down and the Imp in charge of the group pulls out an energy whip and starts hitting Chewie. A group of Imperial Officers just so happen to be passing by as Chewie is being beaten, and one of those officer's attention is caught by this and stops. One of his fellow officers yells something like "Common Solo, we gotta go!", and it just fades out and transitions to somewhere else. Now you don't have see Han's face or anything, everything can just be simply implied.
Could that fit in with the time line? I'd say Han is about 10-15 years older than the twins, and I don't know how old the twins are at the end of the film

Nightwing

New Recruit
As for the whole Jar Jar debate, there has always been something in the star wars films that fans did not like. At first it was threepio, but then they grew to like him, then it was the ewoks