Rate & Review ROTS!

How Would You Rate RotS?

• Total voters

Jedi_Joel

Agent
JediSearch said:
The Emperor told Anakin to shut down all the battle droids. You would think the rebels would have tried to re-activate them.
I don't think that they'd work after years of neglect and lack of maintaince.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
well... i have seen the movie twice and most of the things that bothered me the first time around don't so much now. i still think that the palpatine office fight could have and should have been better (with the other jedi) and i could have gone for more of the jedi getting killed and putting up some kind of a fight before they died. the movie still doesn't do much for me up until the jedi start getting killed but after that it certainly improves. at this point, i would say that i like sith better than any of the other prequels but still not better than any of the OT.

i will have to give this more thought, but i think the single best "moment" in any of the sw films is when yoda walks into palpatine's office an takes out the royal guards.

one new thing that kind of bugs me is the explanation for padme's death .... that she seems to have "lost the will to live".

....and the burning anakin is still creepy

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Definitely the 'lost the will to live' thing was just weak......they could have done SOMETHING there - like 'her midi-chlorian count is dropping, without them she'll die' and blame Sidious for it or something....anything is better than the way it was, especially when this is the girl that fell out of a gunship and just brushed it off!!

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
I loved it! Loved them all!

Loved every bit of it... Tomorrow will be my wife's and my 8th time seeing it, and we can't get enough of it.
I was fortunate enough to see advance viewings of all 6 movies from day one... From that day on, SW changed my life (like everyone else who grew up with these babies!) SW is for everyone! It's different when you see the movies for the first time, not as a child. The children who first watched EP1, 2 & 3 will be effected by them just like when we were young. I love those movies and I'm glad George soldiered his way through the misery of making these films for us! Some folks love SW soooo much, they build it up, past their own expectations and prematurely ruin the experience for themselves :banghead: (and sometimes for others...there's nothing like sitting next to a bunch in the theater! :bash: ).

Okay, I'm off my frickin' soapbox... Sorry peoplez! :argue:

Nightwing

New Recruit
I would've liked to have seen a cameo by Boba fett.

The main problem with the prequels I think, was that Lucas directed them, and I don't think that he's really cut out to be a director, but should stick to being a producer.

The performances in all three films would have been much better if someone else had taken the director's chair. But I imagine Lucas would never have allowed that to happen.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
something else i meant to bring up earlier .......

would someone like to give me the "star wars" explanation for why everyone and everything on a ship in space slides to one side when the ship tilts? i'm talking about the ship that anakin and obi-wan are on at the beginning when they rescue palpatine.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
AmShak said:
something else i meant to bring up earlier .......

would someone like to give me the "star wars" explanation for why everyone and everything on a ship in space slides to one side when the ship tilts? i'm talking about the ship that anakin and obi-wan are on at the beginning when they rescue palpatine.
Umm, I think this is one of those questions like, "why do we hear explosions in space" - both are not realistic but help the audience connect to the action better.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i guess the whole idea of up and down in space comes from the same idea that there is north and south in space ... which they also use.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Homer said it best, I think, something like -

It goes forward, faster, slower, left and right, but not up and down or back-in-time ;)