Raise Your Glass to These Figures

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
010604.glass.jpg

As revealed in the latest Star Wars Insider magazine, Hasbro will make available a series of action figures packaged with collectors glasses representing the five current episodes of the Star Wars saga. Available only at Target this Spring, each 3 3/4" figure is packaged with an exclusive collectors glass. The illustrated designs on these collector glasses are a nostalgic nod to some of the collectible drinking cups that accompanied the release of the original trilogy.
«
More at starwars.com

Yoda Man

New Recruit
If you go tohe site, you will also see that it says Wave1. This means that there might be more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have all but two of the original set. I'm missing two from ROTJ. I will definately be picking these up.

Has anyone heard rumors on how much they will be going for yet?:drunk:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I think the glasses will be pretty neat, although from the pics they don't look quite as ...unique...as the orignals, for lack of a better word. Something about that sqare logo they slapped on the ESB glass, while giving the AOTC a rounded/angled logo doesn't feel right. Almost seems like they decided to go with standard rectangle logos on all of them, and then changed their mind when they got to AOTC.

Maybe I'm just reading to much into it, since the vintage glasses are among my favorites. New ones look good though, hope the price is right.

If you look closely, you might notice that the Luke figure is actually a "Brand New" figure. Brand New as in they took the POTJ Luke with removable helmet head and stuck it on the POTJ Snowspeeder Luke body. I can always use more pilots. The others look 100% reissue.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Originally posted by rogueace2000
I have all but two of the original set. I'm missing two from ROTJ. I will definately be picking these up.

Which two glasses do you need? I have an extra Vader/Luke duel if you want to trade something (anything).

As for me, I'm looking for a ESB C-3PO glass. I have one, but it's a variation of sorts. The glass itself is shaped differently, and has a lip around the bottom like the SW and ROTJ glasses. The image silkscreen is also slightly different. I posted about it somewhere on TBS.

Anyway, I'm trying to track down the other three lipped ESB glasses, or a normal 3PO. If anyone has seen some of these, let me know.

I believe that the original ones were made out of glass, and these are made out of plastic. I still would like to get them as collectable items.

On the action figures, I specially loved that they used the "soft cloth" Princess Leia one on the ROTJ set. I would have loved different action figures on the other ones, but we can't never win them all right ?

darth skelington wrote:"Which two glasses do you need? I have an extra Vader/Luke duel if you want to trade something (anything). "

I'll have to check which two I'm missing and get back to you. I can't remember off the top of my head.:confused:

Well, I checked and it looks like I have the Luke/Vader duel glass. I have that one and the Ewok glass. Thanks anyways D.S.

I also realized that I am missing the Chewbacca glass from the first set. Bummer. :(

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Originally posted by Darth Boru
Wouldn't mind getting these. Anyone know if they'll make the trip outside the USA?

they have not said if these will be offered outside the U.S. that i am aware of. these types of things seem to always show up out there anyway, though probably not up near you. since the glasses are plastic, the shipping shouldn't be too bad for anyone who really wanted them and found someone inside the U.S. to ship them to them.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I'll keep an eye out for those glasses Ace. :cool: Never know when a bargain can be stumbled across.

Off topic, I just noticed that Ace's new Luke avatar, and Wookie Cookie's Padme avatar bear a striking resemblance. I know it's mainly similar angles and lighting, but Wookie could actually pass for Ace's mom. .....I mean......Padme could pass for Luke's mom. :p