R2-D2 with "Flying Nun" action

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone else gotten this figure yet?

Here's my review .....

Hasbro .... what happened?

For the record, I am very happy with the general product that hasbro has been turning out, although i could go w/o all of the action crap but the sculpts have been very good. Every once in a while they flop a figure out there that makes you wonder if it came from the same place as all of the other figures and this new R2 is the mother of all of those figures. I just can't imagine how this figure ever made it to production.

btw... while i'm complaining ... the paint scheme on the new boba fett is off target at best.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
im sick of complaints....ive heard enough of that from my friends today.

I have not found a single 2003 figure yet. KB and TRU in my area dont have them......KB is terrible because they really never,ever get anything new. Im curious to see what they have done.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Your wasting your time looking at KB or TRU for the 2003 figs although TRU may come through in the near future. Target and Walmart are the places to be looking.

I don't post complaints very often, but wait until you get this figure and see if you don't find yourself back on this thread in agreement with me.

I haven't seen or heard of this figure yet. As of April 28th/03 I have 27 different R2-D2 cards. I live in Canada so sometimes things are a bit behind.

If you can get me a picture I can give my true feelings about it. If your talking about the R2-D2 droid factory flight I can give you some accurate feedback in a week when I get the two I ordered off of ebay next week.

If it makes any difference I believe that Hasbro has been going a bit nuts with the little extras and action scenes with their normal figures. All I want is a figure on card with one weapon not a damn accessory kit. It is a frickin Star Wars figure not a Mc Farlan.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I can appreciate what hasbro is trying to do with this figure, but there are so many ways that it could have been improved.
The head bites. The legs are molded in place for no apparent reason while the center leg has the ability to be pulled out which does no good since the other don't move.

043003.r21.jpg

043003.r22.jpg

043003.r23.jpg

043003.r24.jpg

You know its bad enough that it sucks but I have two comming in the mail from an ebay win of $6.97 each. I need one loose and one carded. :evil: