Potj At-st

Talon

New Recruit
If you didn't read the front page news, I placed an article about the upcoming AT-ST vehicle. I want to get everyone's opinion on this item. Here are my thoughts.
I will buy the item for the simple fact that I am compelled to buy everything that is released in conjunction with the 4" line. The vehicle should be an improvement over the previous version and the pics at Star Wars.com look pretty good.
Having said that, why are they making another AT-ST? I know there are some collectors out there who don't have the POTF2 version and I feel for you. But, why another?
I would rather have a Rebel Blockade Runner, Sith Infiltrator, Jawa Sandcrawler,or Star Destroyer just to name a few. Plus it will be coming with a Speeder Bike, which I am sure will be the same exact one that was offered in the POTF2 line.
It is instances like this that turn off collectors and lead them to think that Hasbro is just after one thing...our money.
But, I will be the first one getting anxious when this thing hits.
What are your thoughts?

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
RE: AT-ST

Your certainly are right bout one thing. It is the money! All companies are profit oriented. Why else to be in business? To make collectors happy? No, they must make the Stockholders happy. This is the way I see this situation;
Do we really need another AT-ST.....Naw! ('Cept for folks who missed out the first time) It is very profitable to re-package two existing models (if this the case) and not create any new tool-up.
This decreases development, production and overhead cost. Not to mention reducing their investment factors. Summary: Very low Capital Investment, if any. Increased profits, Beau Koo!
I will buy it, like you, I seem to buy everything 4". I have two of the POTF2 AT-ST's. One boxed and one loose.
Seems we agree that collectors desire new stuff vs re-hashes.
But, the laws of Business prevails.

:flame:

Redleader

New Recruit
I hadn't heard anything about the new ATST since the first mockup pics came out. I got tired of waiting so I scored a deal on Ebay for a loose one, and then BLAM! news comes that it'll be coming out before too terribly long.

I think that it's OK. Not everybody has an ATST and there is one of those crazy ewoks in there so that's good. Anyway, I'm for it!

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
Free chicken wings for all!

Sorry bout' that... Had to make you read my message one way or another!:yawn:

We must please the suits over at hasbro and buy - buy - buy!:satan:

I would buy it for sure, simply because it has SW printed on the package!
Do I agree with them re-releasing it? Not really... The people who missed out on it the first time will be out of luck the second time around (a few anyway)... The scalpers will get their mitts on them and make the unlucky few pay! But hey... It's their choice I guess!

I would love to see other vehicles for sure...Just like Talon mentioned... If they came out with a Sith Infiltrator or Jawa Sandcrawler, that would be the cat's meow! I would pay the price! :rockon:

Talon

New Recruit
Good points guys. I will be buying it of course. It just seems kind of a bummer from a collector standpoint. Another AT-ST, Snowspeeder, possibly another X-Wing.
Hasbro has recently done a lot of good things for us (collectors). I hope that it doesn't end and they realize that we are the majority who are buying this stuff. I don't mind re-hashes or resculpts if it is needed. The Rebel Fleet Trooper and R5-D4 are perfect examples for a resculpt because the originals were awful.

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
I agree with Talon... Rebel Fleet Trooper and R5-D4 are the goofiest figures in the POTF2 line. The Rebel looks totally juiced up... and, I'm pretty sure R5 never shot a missle out of his body! I'm going to have to watch SW again to make sure...sigh (2-1B should of came with a stand for sure!)