Posting in the forums

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
It is not my wish to edit or delete any posts in the forums. i do not want to do anything that would discourage anyone from contributing to the community but .......
A post to a thread that does not contribute or further the discussion on the topic is not needed and will be removed by either myself or one of the other moderators. this is not something that i want to do, but it seems that it is getting a bit out of hand and i have recieved a few complaints.
So, i ask that all members take some time and put some thought behind what they have to say and do not post for the sake of posting.

any questions?

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Thanks Amshak!!

My other remark that got deleted wasnt meant to make anybody feel bad, but i guess they can be interpreted differently.

But I really think that there are a few two many posts that shouldnt really be here.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Also, remember that you can "report a post" if you think it shouldn't be there (points to the "report" button in the lower right of this post).

Speaking for myself, I don't always have time to review every post, so by reporting it, you're guaranteeing that I'll see it.

Barada

Saboteur
I'd just like to add that I personally am not going to tolerate any of these complaint threads that we've had lately either. If there is a problem with another member, do as Borsk said and report the offending post. If it's more of a personal nature, sort it out yourself, and failing that, ask one of the moderators to intervene.

We want this site to be the best it can be, and up until recently, we've had one of the friendliest groups on the net, bar none. Public complaints are going to start flame wars, or make some members feel uncomfortable, so I will remove or edit any of these types I moderate.

Now that the serious side has had to come out, let's get back to what we all love - our beloved Saga.

Barada

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
I admit that I have been complaining somewhat the past few weeks. I did not intend to start flame wars (which to my knowledge, never happened), offend anybody, make attacks on people or anything like that. But I was just concerned with the quantity of posting thats been going on, and it just seems like a major flood. I havent really been annoyed by content.

So sure, lets keep this place organized and friendly. Im cool with that. :) My only request is that, like amshak said, take consideration in the quality of the content of your posting. I know, I have also, like others, been making attempts to reach goals in posting, but I also admit ive been taking it in moderation, not just getting it done in one day. But after 1 and a half years, I feel I have a pretty acceptable amount of quality discussion posts around here, as well as a hefty percentage spent in games and such.

Thanks for getting this pretty much cleared up.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I know that I do not want to edit or delete anyone and i'm sure the other mods feel the same way. this is just for fun and i don't want anyone to get bent out of shape because of this. Post about whatever sparks your interest and just keep in mind what was said above and have some respect for the others who use and/or read the board.
:looking: