OT on DVD Poll

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Since George Lucas recently said again that the OT will never be released on DVD, this seems to have become a "Hot" topic for many fans. We have changed the poll to give everyone a chance to share their feelings on the subject, so take a moment and let us know how you feel.

bedlam412

Scoundrel
I personally want the OT on the DVD set with the special editions... I think it would be a great set to add to anyone's movie collection.

That notwithstanding, I think it would be cool to sit and compare what was to what it became. It's been so long since I've seen the OT that I almost forget how it was ... I remember comparing it to the THX version on VHS when that came out and being amazed then as to how much clearer the sound and picture were.

So .... please please pleaaaasssee Mr. Lucas meesa wantin' de original trilogy on DVD!

:D

He's gotta be trying to raise some hype. Theres no reason not to release the old trilogy on DVD. All that would do is increase the gap between the old vs. new quality debate. The Old trilogy is farther into the future and thus should contain better graffics.:saber:

Barada

Saboteur
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. He should follow his buddy Steven Spielberg's lead and release them like E.T., with the new version on one disc, and the original version as a bonus on a second disc.

Barada

I like the idea of the origional on a second bonus disc. Personally I want the origional undoctored version because to me its like a vintage car. You can have a beefed up 57 Chevy all redone with fancy extras or you could have it in mint origional condition with the origional AM radio. It has a feel about it.