Original Trilogy DVDs - the changes

Replacing Shaw with Hayden in ROTJ:

• is a fantastic idea!

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • isn't a great idea, but I can live with it.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • is a terrible idea, but doesn't ruin the movies for me.

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • is a completely awful idea and it ruins the movie.

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • no opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nightwing

New Recruit
imperialoutpost said:
Yeah - if it improves it. I'm quite pleased that the Emperor in ESB is been changed because that always looked poor
that was always my favourite version of the emperor. he looked so evil...

Nightwing

New Recruit
AmShak said:
lotr has the best commentary that i have seen. they have a track with only actors, a track with the director and writers and a track with the production people. i skipped the track with the production people, that weta guy drives me nuts.
Don't forget about Se7en and Fight Club. Each has 4 commentaries each.

But the best commentaries I know of, are any film with John Carpenter and Kurt Russell: The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China, Escape from L.A.

On the Thing's Commentary, you can hear them opening can's of beer, and as the film plays, they get drunk :D

I understand its GL's "brain child", but I fell in love with the OT the way it was when I was a kid. If he keeps changing it, my opinion of the OT might change also.

I tolerate the PT with Jar Jar and Hayden as an expansion on what I adore.

GL had a vision that couldn't be fulfilled due to technology back when. Now with modern technology he can add what he couldn't (fair enough). As he grew older though, new ideas hit him and he has been changed with age/family and corporation. His old vision has been altered. I liked the young/raw GL and maybe what he saw back then, but I feel his ideas have been tainted over time and I don't particularily care for the alterations.

How do we know he isn't going to update the OT again in 5 years when some more new technology comes out? Where will he draw the line? I'd hate to say "I used to love that movie and then they changed it too much". In the next rendition are we going to see Jar Jar's children?

I voted"is a terrible idea, but doesn't ruin the movies for me.".......yet

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
I noticed the yellow flashes in the Light Saber fight too, so I pulled out the old VHS tape and, yes they were always there. I wasn't crazy about the flashes either but at least it's not something added. it would've annoyed me a whole lot more if it were. (I did notice a mettalic sound when that stormtrooper hits his head on that door. At first I thought maybe It's just the first time I noticed it because of the cleaned up audio, but no. They not only didn't fix the blooper, but thy actually added a sound effect to it! That's awsome in my book!

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Stevetrooper said:
I did notice a mettalic sound when that stormtrooper hits his head on that door. At first I thought maybe It's just the first time I noticed it because of the cleaned up audio, but no. They not only didn't fix the blooper, but thy actually added a sound effect to it! That's awsome in my book!
The sound effect of the stormtrooper hitting his head was there in older versions.