*Original* OT DVD shopping

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
What store has the best deal/exclusive?

Is the Best Buy tin set worth $59.99?

I work later this afternoon so I'm going to pick up my copies at Wal-Mart then. Unless another store has a better deal going on...

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I remember seeing a Circuit City ad that mentioned an exclusive (sorry, don't remember what the offer was). However, if I was getting this set, the Best Buy tin looked the most appealing to me.

bestbuy has the tin set

circuit-city has lithgraph 1 containg a scene for each movie

target has a mini poster for each dvd

toys-rus has a limited 5 dollor gift card

wal-mart has the movie graphic novel with each dvd and is selling a comerative toy pack with figures representing each movie.

i recomend wal-mart with the graphic novels which i baught

Jedi_Joel

Agent
I passed on this set because of the sheer stupidity of buying it. It'll be re-released again in yet another set next year.

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
Jedi_Joel said:
I passed on this set because of the sheer stupidity of buying it. It'll be re-released again in yet another set next year.

ditto. I already own too many versions of these movies...

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Jedi_Joel said:
ok, then i won't buy that one.

i went with the tin set:stupid:

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
Saw a reveiw on G4- they were reviewing the recently released rehashes of laser disc version of the film. The reviewer said this is the "family version" for families to buy to experience Star Wars- that the "Fan" version is due for the anniversary next year with the Whopping price tag of $200.

Here's a link to the site. I can't link it directly. Do a search for DVDuesday. It should be the first on the list
DVDuesday With Chris Gore
http://www.g4tv.com

He didn't say what it will include.
It was fun to watch. I can relate.

Guttersnipe

New Recruit
Jedi Freezeman said:
that the "Fan" version is due for the anniversary next year with the Whopping price tag of $200.

Seems like we may see the Purposely held back deleted scenes after all ;)