[Off Topic]"New" Battlestar Galactica TV show

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Well, the latest new / rumor on the "new" Battlestar Galactica series looks EXTREMELY disappointing from what I've just found on the Usenet newsgroups ...
From Dark Horizons

Battlestar Galactica (TV)
We've all heard talk about how Ronald D. Moore's version of the new show will differ greatly from the old series, today we found out by how much. FilmJerk reports that USA Cable Entertainment has given Moore's version the greenlight and will start production in March in Vancouver on the four hour mini-series that will potentially 'launch' the new show. Whilst a short synopsis for the project sounds very much like the original show, there are some big changes including some big feminine additions to the show. No longer will Starbuck be a blond and somewhat nervous male warrior, instead SHE will be a ballsy loner full of profanity and taken to jogging around the ship in her bra. There's also a President Laura Roslin character who'll serve as a foil to Commander Adama and get into numerous fights with him. Baltar has become a handsome guy plagued by visions of a beautiful humanoid Cylon who seduced him named 'Number Six'. Fans will not be happy. Thanks to 'Edward'.

There's also evidently more changes listed at
FilmJerk, but I can't get in there at the moment (probably my hopeless ISP!).

:( :no: :cry: :crying: :sob: :mad: :fume: :toedc: :toed:

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
For what it's worth (probably nothing like all web-petitions), someone has just created a petition to try and stop / alter this "new" Battlestar Galactica. :(