[Off Topic] More new original Galactica collectibles

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
WOW!!

First there was the 12" figures at Majestic Studios that I posted about in another message in the 12" section.

Now there's this from Figures.com ...
Toy Fair 2004 - JoyRide on Battlestar Galactica
Classic sci-fi series to receive action figures and vehicles!

Produced by Universal Television and Glen A. Larson, the hit TV series Battlestar Galactica was first broadcast on ABC in September '78. Starring Lorne Green, Richard Hatch, and Dick Benedict, this epic space saga went on to become a veritable sci-fi classic.

RC2's JoyRide Studios division will be producing action figures and vehicles this year based on the original series. Several waves are planned with the first assortment scheduled to begin shipping this October. Series 1 is slated to carry a Cylon Centurion, Colonial Warrior, and a space ship.

The figures will meaure approximately 7" tall and will feature limited articulation. Each will carry a SRP of $12.99.

On display in Joyride's showroom was a prototype of Lieutenant Starbuck as well as models (NOT designed by JoyRide - thus no images) depicting JoyRides plans for a Cylon Raider and Colonial Viper.

JoyRide also holds the license for the revamped mini-series that aired on the Sci-Fi Channel.

For an image gallery tour, just click here.
I can't say Starbuck looks that great in the pictures though. :(

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
A bit more news and more images of these figures and vehicles from Figures.com ...

New Battlestar Galactica Action Figures and Vehicles
JoyRide series unveiled in San Diego!

As we reported to you with our Toy Fair coverage, JoyRide Studios will be producing action figures and vehicles based on the classic sci-fi series Battlestar Galactica.

Prototypes on display at the Con included:
  • Series 1, scheduled for release this December for a SRP of $12.99 each. This assortment is slated to include Apollo, Cylon Centurian and a ship replica of the Colonial Viper.
  • Series 2, due out Spring 2005 for the same SRP is planned to feature Commander Adama, Athena and a Cylon Raider.
All line-ups are subject to change, though all assortments will launch with two figures and one ship.

The 7" figures, dynamically posed, will star minimal articulation, themed accessories (including helmets) and a display base. The 7" vehicles will feature opening cockpits, a flight display stand and removable pilot figures (3 for the Raider!)

Image Gallery
:)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I don't think so (at least not in this range), but depending on how the head has been put together it probably wouldn't be that hard to customise it that way. :)

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
I don't have any Glalactica stuff, but I'd definitely like one of these, if they're ever made. Is there anyone out there who fancies customising one to see how it would look?