[Off Topic] How to deal with junk mail (snail, not 'e')

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by Buzz Bumble, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

I just found this. Sounds like a plan. :)

2. CoruscantCosta

CoruscantCosta Ewok Cheif

**clap*clap*clap**

BrilliaƱt!

I may try this out tomorrow morning!

3. darthskellington

darthskellington Dark Lord of the Typos

Impressive........Most impressive :)

4. joewhite

joewhite New Recruit

Here's another way. This website has the number to Opt-Out. Junk mail has somthing to do with your credit and I have heard that it can affect your credit, but I don't have all that info so don't quote me. Anyway, I called and had junk mail and phone soliciting removed for 2 years. I guess it should take a few weeks to find out how well this works. I'll post an update when I find out.

The call is free and it doesn't take long (automated system).

http://www.fightidentitytheft.com/junkmail.html

5. Zepp

Zepp Interstellar Buccaneer

any updates yet Mr. White?

6. joewhite

joewhite New Recruit

Not yet. It hasn't been too long sonce I set it up and it might be a few weeks before I start noticing results. But I will post my results when I see a significant change.

7. Darth Boru

Darth Boru Celtic Sith

If we don't hear from you, we'll assume the worst :- you're stuck at home behind an avalanche of unwanted mail :)

8. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Banned

One of my favourite things to do is take the junk e-mail I get and re-send it to my friends as a joke, it's fun while it lasts. :D

9. joewhite

joewhite New Recruit

You know, I even thought of doing the above...sending your junk email back to them. I was shredding all my mail the other day and almost sent each shredded letter back in the return envelopes. I would have done it but I ran out of time and had to go to work. But it will be done before (hopefully) the opt out thing kicks in.