[Off Topic] 6" Hitchhikers Guide movie figures

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Only semi-off topic since Warwick "Wicket" Davis is playing the role of Marvin. :)

These two news articles are from Figures.com ...

NECA Offers Arthur Dent a Ride
Latest "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" action figure shown!

NECA continues to provide fans a look at their upcoming series of action figures based on the new "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" motion picture.

What we see here is Arthur Dent, a rather ordinarly man who gets caught up in the midst of many unordinary situations. Garbed in his stylish bathrobe (he didn't have time to change due to the fact that Earth is about to be demolished for a hyperspace bypass) and a towel. No, he didn't just get out of the shower. The towel actually serves many intergalactic traveling functions- way more useful in the galaxy than American Express.

Look for Dent, Marvin and the entire 6" assortment come this April.

Don't Panic! It's Only Marvin... The Paranoid Android
First "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" fig from NECA revealed!

For the better part of my life, I've had a simple rule: read the book first, then see the movie. This in part allows you to create mental imagery of the characters FIRST before seeing them on the screen. I broke this rule once by watching the BBC TV series "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" before reading the hilarious books. I'm not saying the series was as horrible as say - hearing Vogon poetry read out load - but it certainly branded a bland, blocky Marvin the Paranoid Android in my mind. From the first book to the last book; all I saw in my head was this 'bot made out of silver painted boxes...

Thank goodness a new "Hitchhiker" movie is on the way.

Like a 1979 Ford LTD compared to a 2005 VW Beetle; the new-and-improved Marvin features a slick, curvey design. Pictured below is the Marvin action figure that will be joining NECA's upcoming 6" action figure line. Marvin will feature a balljointed neck and shoulders, bending elbows, swivel wrists, hinge waist, and v-crotch articulation. Other 6" figures in this April released assortment are slated to include our towel-toting traveler Arthur Dent, Vogons Kwaltz and Jeltz, and Heart of Gold stealer Zaphod Beeblebrox.

Ah, my vision of Marvin has been redeemed.

Stay tuned for further "Hitchhiker" news as Toy Fair approaches.

215.jpg
213.jpg

Those pictures are NOT using the same scale. :)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
A bit more from Figures.com ...

10" Marvin Roto-Cast Figure (With Light-Up Eyes!)
Part of NECA's "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe" line!

NECA passes on a look at their latest Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy offering: Marvin in full 10" roto-cast form - with light-up eyes!

This figure will join other "Hitchhiker" goodies this April such as:
  • 7" Action Figures: This assortment will star our towel-toting traveler Arthur Dent, Vogons Kwaltz and Jeltz, Heart of Gold stealer Zaphod Beeblebrox and Marvin the Paranoid Android.
  • 3" Scale Figures: This semi-poseable collection will star three different 2-packs of the main characters.
  • Heart of Gold Playset: This sphereical spaceship in which our heroes cruise the cosmos with will feature 3" figs of Arthur Dent and Marvin.
  • Small and Large Knitted Plush: Trillian, Zaphod Beeblebrox, Ford Prefect, Arthur Dent and Marvin will ship as both 5-6" and 10-12" huggable versions.
  • Vogon Prop Replicas

And more!!!!
:)