Off to the Big Easy

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Well, I'm headed for New Orleans in the morning. Yes, it's Mardis Gras, but I'm going to visit friends (and proabably take in a parade or two anyway). For those who've forgotten i used to live down there when I first joined the Spy.

One highlight could be the Bacchus parade, of which Elijah Wood (Frodo) will be the grand marshall. It's on Sunday, when I'm supposed to be driving back home, so we'll see if I make it or not.

That having been said, don't give away any prizes without me. If you make a mess, be sure and clean it up before I get home. And no wild parties ;)

See y'all Monday.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Well, my trip wasn't as fun as I'd hoped, but I did enjoy seeing my friends down in NOLA. I partook in a couple parades, and snapped a few mediocre pictures. I thought they might be of passing interest to those not up on Mardis Gras. Movies and pop culture are popular float themes. While Mardis Gras is a joke compared to the Rose Parade, the floats are still pretty neat.

Attachments

• endy1.jpg
    endy1.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 207

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
It's hard to get good parade pictures because people set up ladders to catch beads. Plus, my friends took some of these for me, as they figured I probably would have had trouble holding the camera straight :drunk:

Attachments

• endy2.jpg
    endy2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 221

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Here's Elijah Wood (Frodo). I stuck around just long enough that Sunday to see him, before hitting the road. He looked like he was having a blast. Dominic Monaghan (Merry), was also in town and was teh grand marshall of Orpheus on Monday (Lundi Gras).

Yes, it's a terrible photo :rolleyes:

Attachments

• elijah wood.jpg
    elijah wood.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 206