October 2001 - Archived

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Bothan Spy

Syndication Parser
<CENTER>Custom Figure News
10/30/01
</CENTER>
Pat and Jon from Blizzard-One Customs send us news that they've completed their latest custom. Head over to their site and check out the MOTS Kyle Katarn custom. Looks good guys.

<CENTER>___________________________________

TIE-Bomber Update
10/30/01
</CENTER>
Rebel Scum has posted some news regarding the upcoming and eagerly anticipated TIE-Bomber. Apparently the rumor of this item being a shared exclusive between Toys 'R' Us and Wa-Mart is false. The Bomber will be an exclusive to Wal-Mart only. Also, the release has been pushed back from December to early 2002.

R4-M9 Astromech Droid Confirmed!
10/30/01
</CENTER>
Our good buddy Pete over at The Private Universe has sent us notice that the cone head shaped astromech droid, R4-M9, is a confirmed release for the 3 3/4" line. When will he make an appearance? Most likely in early 2002. Click here for the article and a pic of the droid in question. Big thanks goes out to Pete for the info.

StarconstruX.de 50th diorama!
10/30/01
</CENTER>
The german based customizing site www.StarcontruX.de celebrates their 50th diorama with a little contest that starts tomorrow, October 31st. The details they sent are as follows:

"The prizes (Custom-rocketfiring Boba Fett, Tie-Interceptor, Luke in Bacta-tank and SW Priceguides) will be sent worldwide so everybody is invited to take part.

The rules are really easy. We placed the photos of our "Starconstructoren" somewhere on one of the 50 diorama sites among the other pictures. Search and find them and send us a mail with the name of all 4 dioramas where we hide them to the following adress: Info@StarconstruX.de. Of course we need your name and adress and the country where you are living. The competition ends on the 21.11.2001. The winners will be notified on the 25.11.2001 on the StarconstruX-page."

Deluxe Bacta Luke
10/30/01
</CENTER>
Ishi Tib comes through again with some pictures of the new "Deluxe Luke in Echo Base Bacta Tank". Click here to see more pictures.

<CENTER>
LUKE.jpg
</CENTER>

ACPin updates again...
10/30/01
</CENTER>
ACPin has updated his Hoth series, here's what he has to say......

"Luke disabled the AT-AT using detonators and Rogue Squadron goes in for the kill. A simple diorama from the Hoth series. Also, this is the last day to join the giveaway that I've sponsored at Sandtroopers. The winner will be announced tomorrow!"

So stop by and check it out, here.

New Deluxe Darth Maul
10/29/01
</CENTER>
Ishi Tib sends in some pictures of the new Maul. Check out the forums to see the rest of them. Great Work!

<CENTER>
MAUL.jpg
</CENTER>

A Very Wookiee Halloween
10/29/01
</CENTER>
Thanks to pumpkin artist Wookiee_Cookiee for sending in this picture. You can see more of her pumpkin creations here.

<CENTER>
wookieepumkin.jpg
</CENTER>

Pics at CSW
10/28/01
</CENTER>
Collect Star Wars have placed some great new shots of the upcoming FX-7 wave on their site. The wave consists of FX-7, Imperial Officer, Rebel Trooper, and Royal Decoy Amidala. Also, the Force Files are indeed a thing of the past. These figures should be making the rounds next month.

Sidster needs you!
10/28/01
</CENTER>
Our buddy Sidster over at The Jawa needs your help. Here is what he needs..

"I am asking for your help guys...
Yup, that is right... I need ANYONE that has ordered an Eopie within the last few weeks from either US OR UK to please send me an email telling me from whom it was purchased, and also it if has been received as of yet.... Send all emails to me here. This is extremely important and I hope to get as much help as possible..."

If any of you have ordered an Eopie Beast Pack recently, please drop Sidster a line and give him the details.

Bacta Luke
10/27/01
</CENTER>
Would you like a Bacta Tank Luke for free? All you have to do is go over to Sandtroopers.com and enter their latest giveaway.

Star Wars Fan Mail halted
10/26/01
</CENTER>
Due to the recent heinous acts of anthrax being spread through the mail, Wizards Of The Coast has issued the following statement.

"Due to recent tragic events surrounding the transmission of anthrax via mailed letters, the Star Wars Fan Club, Lucasfilm Ltd., and George Lucas have temporarily suspended fan mail service. Based on corporate security considerations, none of the above will be handling or answering miscellaneous fan mail, and all such mail will be disposed of upon receipt. Once there is no longer a material threat, we hope to reinstate the service and will make an announcement at that time.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your continued support."

You can read the full release by clicking here. Let's hope that the individuals who are responsible for these terrible acts are brought to justice immediately.

New Images at Alderaan Online
10/26/01
</CENTER>
Our friends over at Alderaan Online wanted us to let you know that they have just added 23 new images from the deleted Waterfall scene in Episode I.
This is a great site to find all kinds of great stuff, so swing by and check it out.

E2 Assistant Director Article
01/26/01
</CENTER>
The official source for the Force, Star Wars, has a nice article with the Assistant Director for EPISODE 2: Attack Of The Clones, Mr. James McTeigue. In the article McTeigue discusses the day to day details of shooting the highly anticipated prequel-sequel. Be wary for potential spoilers for those who don't want any sort of E2 details.

E2 Celebration Site
10/26/01
</CENTER>
The Star Wars Celebration 2 site is up and running. The site is not yet fully operational but there are a few areas that you can access. Regardless if you are going or not, I am sure that you will get a jolt of excitement by this. I can't believe that E2 is almost here!

Jedi on the 2001 UK census
10/25/01
</CENTER>
Yes, it is official! The UK has added Jedi under the category of religion to the 2001 census. Very incredible. I can't wait to see how this plays out. You can discuss this in the forums by clicking here.
Thanks to Graeme for the heads up.

B-Wing Price Drop
10/25/01
</CENTER>
The reports are coming in from all over the country regarding the price drop of the Target exclusive B-Wing. The new price is $19.94 so if you still need one get out and head for the bullseye.

The Bothan Spy

Syndication Parser
<CENTER>Possible 3rd E1 disc?
10/25/01
</CENTER>
That is what the fine folks over at The Force are reporting. Apparently it will include ALL of the deleted scenes along with the full documentary. Click on the link above to read it for yourself.

E2 Pictures
10/23/01
</CENTER>
Darkhorizons posted this picture the other day. I'm not sure where it came from, but it is definately cool. Visit our forums for more information. There's also some information there about the E2 pictures that are available by accessing starwars.com through the TPM DVD. Check it out.

<CENTER>
e2lovesm.jpg
</CENTER>

New E2 Card Design!
10/23/01
</CENTER>
That's right! Hasbro has posted an image on their website of the highly discussed EPISODE 2 card for our beloved figures. So without further ado, here is the link. Discuss this topic in our forums.

Jawa Q & A
10/23/01
</CENTER>
Our buddy Sidster has placed the latest edition of his Q & A up at The Jawa. This is always good reading with some neat and informative info. Head on over and check out those little desert scavengers.

The Director
10/22/01
</CENTER>
Have you ever seen the 12" version of George Lucas? Well, Sandtroopers.com has some pics up of this HTF figure and the search to find him. So head over and check it out.

Winnipeg Toy Show
10/22/01
</CENTER>
Being held on October 28 from 10 AM to 5 PM. River City Shows will be hosting the show at the Victoria on Wellington Avenue. So all of our faithful Canadian readers should stop by and see what the deal is.

ACPin Update
10/22/01
</CENTER>
Diorama maker and all around good guy ACPin has informed us that his next creation is ready for your viewing pleasure. This is the second installment in his Detention Cell series. This offering depicts a visit from Lord Vader to Princess Leia's cell. You can view this and many other cool dioramas by clicking here.

New AT-ST Info
10/20/01
</CENTER>
Your official source for the force, Star Wars, has added a nice little entry regarding the soon to be released AT-ST vehicle. It will include Paploo the Ewok and a Speeder Bike for him to ride. It will be a Toys 'R' Us exclusive due out in 2002. Here is a little blurb from the article.
"The AT-ST features stomping legs, a rotating turret, pivoting weaponry, and the cockpit holds one pilot (sold separately), all in diorama packaging recreating the movie scene on the store shelf."
I will be adding a thread in the forum if you would like to discuss this topic.

Winner
10/20/01
</CENTER>
Gramps,......come on down.
You are the winner of our first giveaway. You have one week to claim your prize by emailing me here.

Grand Opening
10/20/01
</CENTER>
I know.....we've been open for two weeks. We opened early, just because we couldn't wait any longer. During these past couple of weeks, we've been working on different parts of the site and I'm happy to say that all sections are fully operational. The one exception, is the "Comic Art" section, and that is beyond our control at this point. We hope to have it up soon, or replace it with something else that everyone can enjoy. I will annouce the winner of our first giveaway and we should have something up for our next giveaway, later today. We hope that you enjoy.

Bounty Hunters and AOTC in Insider #57!
10/19/01
</CENTER>
Check out Starwars.com for a revealing look into Insider #57 and it's awesome front cover. Bounty hunters new an old are featured in the next Insider. Insider #57, looks to shed some light on the backgrounds of Jango Fett, Zam Wesell and Boba Fett. Other highlights include a Who's Who guide to the New Jedi Order, Rick McCallum discusses Episode II, interviews with AOTC actors Temuera Morrison, Daniel Logan, Leeanna Walsman and a preview of the Obi-Wan Xbox game! Insider #57, the official magazine of the Star Wars Fan Club, starts shipping on November 16, and hits newsstands on December 4. Hurry on over and check it out.

3 AOTC Trailers?
10/18/01
</CENTER>
That is the case according to The Force.net. Look for Trailer A to be attached to the Monsters Inc. film. Trailer B will be the much talked about Internet Download, exclusive to those with the E1 DVD. Finally Trailer C will be attached to the upcoming Harry Potter flick. Very awesome, I can't wait!

Carded Imperial Officer Pics
10/18/01
</CENTER>
The folks over at RebelScum have pics of the new POTJ Imperial Officer figure. It has a sporty new cardback design and according to RS it appears that the Force Files may be gone. Head over and check out the pics.

Fox Studios Close (AUS)
10/17/01
</CENTER>
Fox Studios in Australia backlot and theme park closes. The reason given was high ticket prices and poor attendance over the last few months. The closure cost up to 140 jobs.
The decision to do this will not affect the filming portion of the studios as they are looking to expand that side of things. Just hope it won't affect the filming of EP 3!

100th Luke Marked Down
10/17/01
</CENTER>
Electronics Boutique has marked down the 12" 100th Edition Luke Skywalker to $14.87. So head out to your local EB and see if you can get lucky.

Cheap Star Wars Games
10/17/01
</CENTER>
If you are a Star Wars gamer you may want to check out your local Costco Wholesale. They had a ton of Lucas Arts games for a mere $10.99 each. Some of the titles that I saw were Force Commander, Rogue Squadron, Shadows Of The Empire, X-Wing Alliance, Jedi Knight, Dark Forces, Monkey Island, and there may have been a few others in there as well but the names escape me at this moment. I will get the total deal today and will place a post in the forums with the details.

The One To Own
10/17/01
</CENTER>
I picked up my copy of the E1 DVD and let me tell you, it is awesome! You are going to be hard pressed to find anyone who does not enjoy this DVD. There is so much to view that unless you can dedicate the better part of a day, you won't see everything. If this is any indication of what we will given with the DVD version of the Classic Trilogy, the wait will be worth it. If you have a DVD player you MUST buy this movie.

TPM DVD Released
10/16/01
</CENTER>
The reviews are coming in and if you're still looking for an excuse to buy a DVD Player, then this may be it. Let us know what you think of the Episode One DVD by posting your thoughts in our forum.

New Pics
10/15/01
</CENTER>
George over at Sandtroopers.com has put up some nice pics of the new 12" Luke/Speeder, so if you're like me and haven't found one of these yet, this is the next best thing. So head over and check them out.

DVD & E2 trailer info
10/15/01
</CENTER>
According to The Force.net, the DVD-ROM section of the Star Wars website will be premiering the A trailer of E2: Attack Of The Clones on November 2! This is awesome news, especially for those with a DVD-ROM drive. Don't forget to pick up your DVD copy of The Phantom Menace tomorrow! There are also many other goodies that can be found when accessing the DVD only site. What a great time to be a Star Wars fan!

Knight Quest Available
10/14/01
</CENTER>
Knight Quest, the highly anticipated fan film from Joe Monroe, is now available for download at The Force.net. This should be a good treat for us all. Stop by and check it out.

The Bothan Spy

Syndication Parser
<CENTER>Want Some Free Figures?
10/13/01
</CENTER>
ACPin is sponsoring a giveaway over at Sandtroopers.com. He has thirty figures to give up, plus a couple of Pop Up 3D Dioramas and a three Cinema Scenes. There's some good stuf in there, so if you want something for free, all you have to do is head over and enter.

12" Luke & Speederbike found!
10/12/01
</CENTER>
Fellow Bothan Spy, Sith Attack has informed me that he has found the new Luke & Speeder Bike at a local Target. According to him the item is very nice and well worth the $50 price tag. He also came across the B-Wing at the markdown price of $27.90. Definitely some good news out there. Good luck on the hunt!

E1 DVD Commercial
10/12/01
</CENTER>
I just saw the commercial for the E1 DVD while watching The Simpsons on my local WB. Man, am I eager to get this disc in my hands. They showed regular movie footage, deleted/new scenes, and other great extras. By the way, it has already been hailed as the best DVD ever! The only bad thing is that Tuesday seems like an eternity away.

Jedi Religion official in UK
10/12/01
</CENTER>
as reported in our local paper here in Australia

"Thousands of Britons devoted to the Star wars films have claimed the fictional faith Jedi as their religion and forced it onto the next national cencus , newspapers reported yesterday.
An Email campaign convinced thousands of fans to list Jedi as their chosen religion on Britains 2001 cencus
"when the forms are processed , all data is encoded and we have given Jedi Knight a code because a large number of people have entered it on their forms " an OSS spokesperson said
"but we are not saying this is an official religion " he added

E1 DVD Giveaway
10/12/01
</CENTER>
How would you like a free Star Wars: EPISODE 1 - The Phantom Menace DVD? Well I have just been informed by George at Sandtroopers that next Tuesday, 10/16, they will be giving away one for free. Head on over and tell them that The Bothan Spy sent you.

I find your lack of faith disturbing
10/12/01
</CENTER>
After getting almost snow blind with the Hoth series and in the midst of summer at that. Our good friend, ACPin, has decided to take a break and do a different theme for the meantime. Darth Vader pays an unexpected visit to the detention cells where a very important rebel prisoner is detained. After the assault on the Tantive IV, vital information about the Death Star's capabilities has been breached which Vader aims to extract by any means possible from the rebel captive. So head over and check it out, here.

Walmart exclusive 12" Dagobah Luke and Yoda!
10/12/01
</CENTER>
Walmart.com has the new exclusive POTJ 12" Luke and Yoda on their website as a "new item". It states that it is coming soon and will be available for $28.93. Collectstarwars.com has some nice detailed boxed images of this Walmart exclusive and I must say the packaging is impressive! Check it out.

Wanna see the E2 trailer?
10/11/01
</CENTER>
Well according to sources over at TheForce.net we should expect an announcement from the Lucas camp very soon that will confirm the rumor that the highly anticipated Attack Of The Clones trailer will be attached with the film Monsters, Inc. This is great news and I can't wait to get an actual glimpse of the trailer. Monsters, Inc. looks like it may be a good flick anyways, so this will be the icing on the cake.

European Exclusive News
10/11/01
</CENTER>
Here is some info that Pete, from The Private Universe, would like to share regarding European exclusives.

"MidcoToys, a small dealer in the UK, but with a growing reputation for passing on bargains to his customers, have reported some great news that they have the rare Europe only released 12" Han Quick Draw and Swing Action Luke dolls instock. The best part is the price, only £15 GBP! MidcoToys doesn't have a site of his own yet, but they can be contacted via the TPU site. Check out his post for more details.
Guys, for your info, MidcoToys have a great reputation, and is a dealer you will hear more of in time to come. A genuine guy with genuine bargains!"

Thanks for the heads up Pete!

SWFigures closing down
10/11/01
</CENTER>
I have been informed by April over at SWFigures that they are closing their doors. They are also having a very big sale with everything 20-50% off. Head on over and pick up some goodies. I hate to see SWFigures close down and I wish them all the best.

Site Maintanence
10/11/01
</CENTER>
Our ISP is undergoing a switchover to a new backbone (which we had hoped was already resolved). As a result, we may experience intermitent downtimes for at least the next few hours and potentially until the end of this week. You will still be able to access the site and the forums. However, occasionally we *might* be down because of the switchover. We hope to have this taken care of tonight, but we want to warn everyone that these brief periods of downtime could reoccur throughout the end of the week.

Again, we apologize for any incovenience that this may cause. On the upside, once all this work is done, everything should be running much faster. The overall bandwidth is being increased! The long-term benefits will more than make up for these short-term problems.

Thank you for your patience,
The Bothan Spy Team

Interview Section
10/09/01
</CENTER>
Just want to give my Interview section a quick plug. Head over there to check out the interview I conducted with Joe Monroe, the director of the soon-to-be-released fan film Knight Quest. Also, on a related note...The Force.net has also added the newest trailer to their Fan Film section. Knight Quest is scheduled to be released this weekend so stop by, read the interview, and let me know what you think. If you have any suggestions for someone you would like interviewed let me know and I will see if I can arrange something.

Special Edition
10/09/01
</CENTER>
As Borsk states below, the cutom card section is now fully operational. I'm also working on some new cardbacks and should have them up soon. I'm sure that the Misc. section will be my favorite and there is a special note in there for any Sandtroopers out there that might be reading this.

Section Update
10/09/01
</CENTER>
The Custom Card section has been updated and is now fully functional. The best cards are in the Miscellaneous section. :)

Are the new toys out?
10/09/01
</CENTER>
What is going on with all the new POTJ out there? Apparently all sorts of goodies are being found in stores. According to some of our site affiliates there have been reports of the Bacta Tank Luke, 12" Luke with SpeederBike, a marked down B-Wing (under $30), as well as the latest waves of figures. So what does this mean to you? I guess it is time to fill up the tank and make that grueling drive to every retailer in the area. If anyone finds any of these listed items please drop us a line and share the news!

Server Upgrade
10/09/01
</CENTER>
This afternoon, the site was down to allow for some modifications to our server. We expect no further downtime, although there is a possibility of some residual problems (we hope not!). In any event, we apologize for any inconvience and expect no further downtime in the near future.

Thanks,
The Bothan Spy Team

Midnight Madness!
10/08/01
</CENTER>
If you haven't pre-ordered Episode I: The Phantom Menace on DVD and can't wait for your favorite store to open on October 16, what do you do? You find a Wal-Mart that is open 24 hours a day and pay them a visit at midnight on the 15th. I did this when TPM was released on video and beat the rush. Then again, you might be one of the lucky ones who have already found TPM on DVD. If you did, and can actually stop watching it, tell us what you think!

The Bothan Spy

Syndication Parser
<CENTER>Online LEGO Exclusives
10/08/01
</CENTER>
Two new LEGO sets are available as online exclusives by visiting the LEGO store. The pieces are a Darth Maul bust that stands over a foot tall and is priced at $149.99. The other piece, which I really want, is the Corellian Corvette... better known as the Blockade Runner. This sweet looking piece measures 28" x 11" x 7", features a new dark red brick color, and will cost $199.99. So if you are into LEGOS and have the cash to drop on a new piece stop by and pick em up.

<CENTER>
lego.jpg
</CENTER>

It is your destiny...
10/08/01
</CENTER>
to make AOTC the movie that you are most anticipating. MTV is holding a poll that asks that very question. It is our duty as Star Wars fans to make sure that Attack Of The clones is #1. So take a pause for the cause and head over there and cast your vote!

Jabba's Throne Room
10/07/01
</CENTER>
I've added a few "Sneak Peak" pics over in the Diorama section, so be sure to head over and check them out.

The Private Universe
10/07/01
</CENTER>
This just in from Pete over at the Private Universe...

"The Private Universe has moved! So if you want to keep up with the Star Wars news and information in the UK, this is our new home: The Private Universe. I hope to see all the old faces and some new ones dropping in".

Thanks for the info Pete

ACPin's Latest Dios
10/07/01
</CENTER>
The latest diorama from ACPin is a continuation of his Hoth series dioramas. Here is a short synopsis by ACPin himself.

"After escaping the crushed Snowspeeder, Luke chases after the AT-AT in an attempt to destroy it".

Head on over and check out the goods.

Welcome To Bothanspy!
10/06/01
</CENTER>
It is an exciting time for collector's in the Star Wars universe and it just got better! With EP2 (AOTC) just around the corner and the release of EP1 (TPM) due out later this month on DVD, fans of all ages are feeling the force. Collector's are looking forward to the new releases in the POTJ line, deluxe figures included, not to mention the many offerings AOTC will bring. That is why I am excited to be part of the team here at the BothanSpy. I would like to thank those responsible for this site and at the same time give them a pat on the back for having a place where we the "fans" can get together and talk shop. Collecting can be a rewarding experience and bring many years of enjoyment to your life. It also can provide you the opportunity to meet wonderful people from all around the world. So I encourage you to post news, join the forums, tell others about this site and conduct some trades. Lets all make the Star Wars universe a little larger! We look forward to keeping you informed and we hope you do the same. By the way, has anyone found the Tie-Interceptor in South Florida?
IG88

Darth Aussie reports...
10/06/01
</CENTER>
Here in Australia we are awaiting the arrival of the Emperor's Wrath Darth Vader and Shmi Skywalker waves. According to local news from collectors they will be available as soon as next week amongst our chain stores. We are mostly a few months behind the States release but the hardcore collectors among us already have probably secured theirs due to trades from over there. I'd like to start the ball rolling with some trades so be sure to visit the Bothawui forums.

The Site
10/05/01
</CENTER>
We're still working out a few bugs with the site and some of the sections aren't quite 100% yet. In particular, Talon's Toy Reviews only has reviews for the months of September and August. Also, Am Shak's Custom Cards section is still under construction. Everything will be fully armed and operational soon, but until then please bear with us.

If you notice any problems, please report them to admin@thebothanspy.com

Thanks.

UPDATED:
Talon's Toy Reviews now features Jan-Sept 2001 of the POTJ line. Enjoy

E1 DVD Info
10/05/01
</CENTER>
I have a little tidbit of info for all of you who may have a Costco Wholesale in your area.
Star Wars - Episode 1: The Phantom Menace DVD
ITEM # 409717
PRICE: $18.99

That is about 5 or 6 dollars off the MSRP.

Welcome to The Bothan Spy
10/05/01
</CENTER>
I would like to take a quick moment and thank you for stopping by. We built this site because we are all hardcore Star Wars fans who share a passion for that galaxy far, far away. The Bothan Spy will be a place of interest for all who share a love for Star Wars. We encourage you to contribute to the site and make this one big collecting community. Our goal is to help you to reap the rewards of being Star Wars fans and collectors.

In closing I would like to thank all of the staff members, sponsors, affiliated sites, and most of all you!

Status
Not open for further replies.