No Wedge Antilles in Episode VII

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Hollywood actor Denis Lawson has turned down the chance to appear in the new Star Wars films because they would have “bored him”.

The Crieff-born star said he had been approached by Disney, which bought Lucasfilm in 2012, but turned them down.

The 66-year-old played X-wing pilot Wedge Antilles in all three films of the original trilogy. In 2001, he provided the voiceover for the character’s appearance in a Nintendo computer game.

Lawson made the revelation at a screening of his most recent film, The Machine, at Strathearn Artspace in his home town.

When asked if the next new Denis Lawson film to be screened there would be Star Wars, he replied: “I’m not going to do that.”

Asked if it was because Disney had taken over the franchise, he replied: “They asked me but it just would have bored me.”

:(

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
If he wants a role that's central to the story, he should do one of those stand alone movies. ;)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
They could make it about the last human on the Corsucant, left there to clean up all the rubbish. Then a woman in white arrives to see if Coruscant is livable again, and he falls in love and stows away on her spaceship ... call it Wedge-E. ;)