No lens flare and an actual puppet

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by Borsk, May 27, 2014.

1. Borsk

Borsk Administrator Staff Member

2. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

Apparently the Jim Henson company is not involved though. :(

3. Borsk

Jim Henson company has never officially worked on any Star Wars movie. It's just a small sign of following a similar creative path as the OT movies. It's also refreshing that the puppet didn't have to 'accidentally' step in 'batha poodoo' to try to get a cheap laugh.

4. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

Officialy, no, but surely you remember this scene from the Original Trilogy ...

[​IMG]

;)

With Disney now owning both Star Wars and Jim Henson, it wouldn't have been much of a surprise if the two worked together. Throw in Pixar for the CGI and you've got some of the biggest names in the industry. :)

5. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

Being on a dial-up connection I haven't seen the video clip, but from the still images that puppet does look a lot like a Henson product ... it almost looks like its straight out of The Dark Crystal (it actually looks familiar, but I can't recall where from).

6. Borsk

Yeah, I think I did read something about it being similar to a puppet from The Dark Crystal. I can't find any images for it at the moment and it's been too long since I've seen that movie. I like The Dark Crystal. So, if you're gonna copy a a puppet from a movie, that's not a bad place to start.

7. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

Possibly this creature from The Dark Crystal (apologies for the huge picture) ...

[​IMG]

It could be something I've seen in The Neverending Story.

8. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

A Mystic from The Dark Crystal ...
    [​IMG]

Seems unlikely, but some people are saying it could be a Cosian as in The Clone Wars animated series or a H'drachi from the EU material.

Cosian
    [​IMG]

H'drachi
    [​IMG]