Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
20060713_figure_bg.jpg

YIKES!

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
Re: News: Star Wars Packaging Gets a New Look for

I think it's very cool. (It will definitly be harder for people to keep it in mint condition though.) It has that "used universe" look that Star Wars personifies. I'm glad they're back to putting the character photos directly on the card again. When I open the previous packaging, I like to keep the card, but the character photo is on an insert in the bubble, so I have to trim it and gluestick it to the card. To much work.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member

IMHO, it's too busy and the shape of the card is a little too weird.

I do like the big picture of the character though.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok

Oh no! They've let the "arty students" take over just like those ridiculous looking cars, buildings, etc. that they design. :(

Mind you, I stopped buying the toys at some stage during the Episode II releases.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
that "J" hook looks like it will be a problem, for those people who collect on the card. it's hard for me to have a real opinion until i see what kind of crappy bubble they decide to go with. This latest style of taping the bubble to the back of the card, will not be good for collectors down the road.

it's also very BSG

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I think it's kinda cool. They've kinda milked the vintage cards for all they're worth right now, although I hope they go back to a similar style in teh future. This one definitely says anti-MOC.