News: Indy Rides Again in May 2008

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
For those who can't be bothered with the "click-a-link to click-a-link to read the news" silliness of these StarWars.com newsfeeds (and horribly slow-loading of StarWars.com itself!), here's the news from ComingSoon.net instead ...

Indiana Jones 4 Set for May 22, '08!
Box Office Mojo reports that Paramount Pictures has set Thursday, May 22, 2008 as the release for the fourth "Indiana Jones" movie, which the studio is now officially referring to as the Fourth Installment of the Indiana Jones Adventures.

The picture maintains the Memorial Day weekend release strategy of the last two "Indiana Jones" movies, and it mirrors the last two "Star Wars" movies and The Matrix Reloaded with its Thursday launch.

Also currently scheduled for Memorial Day weekend 2008 is Warner Bros.' Speed Racer.

:)

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder how long it took them to make the last Indy movie...

They don't really have a cast and the movie is still listed as 'in pre-production' on imdb.com. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367882

(and I agree that it would be nice if the starwars rss feed included more info instead of making you click back to their site)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Borsk;72715 said:
I wonder how long it took them to make the last Indy movie...

They don't really have a cast and the movie is still listed as 'in pre-production' on imdb.com. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367882

I wouldn't trust IMDB.com anyway. Because any old fool can post so-called "news" there it actually contains LOTS of nonsense, rumour and lies ... especially when it comes to upcoming shows and movies. There's a reason why it goes by the nickname "I'MaDumbBum.com". There's a similar problem with Wikipedia and eBay for that matter. :(

I quick look through a couple of books seems to give around three years per movie (both Star Wars and Indiana Jones series), bu that's from the "let's make a movie" pre-script stage through to release.

(and I agree that it would be nice if the starwars rss feed included more info instead of making you click back to their site)

The RSS feed is of course designed to be brief so people can skip over items they're not interested in. The problem is that the link they give takes you to their RSS page which simply contains exactly the same brief wording and another link to the actual news article (and sometimes that then doesn't tell you much more and gives yet another link to someone else's website for the full story). It doesn't help for those of us on dial-up that StarWars.com is S-O incredibly slow and graphic heavy. :(

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know of another site that lists a cast for Indy 4. So, the fact remains that they have no cast and a year and a half to make the movie to meet this date. It just strikes me as unlikely. But, we shall see.

I don't think I want Natalie Portman to be in this movie though (if that rumor is true).

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
They've only just finished writing the script recently, so you're probably right about them not having any confirmed cast yet (other than the obvious). Like everything else there, the listed cast can easily be nothing but fan-induced nonsense - I can easily go there and post that Elmo will be playing Indy. :rolleyes:

According to ComingSoon.net, a more reliable source, ...
Fourth Installment of the Indiana Jones Adventures
Release Date: May 22, 2008
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Steven Spielberg
Screenwriter: David Koepp, Jeff Nathanson
Starring: Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, John Rhys-Davies, Kate Capshaw (cameo), Karen Allen (cameo)
Genre: Action, Adventure
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: IndianaJones.com
Review: Not Available
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: Buy Various at AllPosters.com
Production Stills: Not Available
Plot Summary: Steven Spielberg says that the film will feature all of Jones' former babes in various cameo roles. Karen Allen is expected to be back for one soundbite, and other Indy girls who had smaller roles will be coming back. It is still up in the air whether or not Kate Capshaw, Spielberg's wife, will make an appearance. Sean Connery as Indy's father will be back for a few scenes, and the film is set in the early '50s.
... but some of that is based on past news stories that have since changed with all the re-writing of the script and not been made public yet.

Jedi_Joel

Agent
I highly doubt that because they've yet to even complete the script and get into pre-production. I'm thinking a late summer-winter release.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The script is (more or less) finished and this news story I posted last month did say production was due to start in June this year ... that gives them about four months to do the casting, find / finalise locations, start costume and set work, and then just under a year for filming and post-production. Indiana Jones is less FX heavy than Star Wars, but that's still a tight schedule. Then again, no doubt it will all be done fully in digital again meaning they can tweak and play until almost the last second.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I suppose the point of mentioning that they don't have a cast was to illustrate that they don't seem to be ready to get rolling on this movie yet. Regardless of where you look up info on the movie, there isn't more than a few names listed as being attached. And, with such a short time left before the announced release date, it seems unlikely that they will be able to meet the deadline.

I could easily be completely wrong. However, my first impression from reading that date was that there's no way they can meet it.