[News]Del Ray / Random House books

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
This newsletter arrived in my in-box this morning from Del Ray / Random House.

COMING SOON
STAR WARS GALAXIES
by Victoria Whitney-Robinson

Available in hardcover: December 30, 2003.

STAR WARS: THE NEW JEDI ORDER: THE UNIFYING FORCE
by James Luceno

0-345-42852-8.gif

The climactic final novel in the best selling, nineteen-book Star Wars epic, The New Jedi Order—featuring a special bound-in CD-ROM!

At long last, the New York Times bestselling series that launched the Star Wars saga into the next generation and into thrilling new territory reaches its spectacular finale. Side by side, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Leia Organa Solo, their children, and their comrades in the Galactic Alliance rally for their last stand against the enemy that threatens not only the galaxy, but the Force itself.

Click here to read an excerpt from The Unifying Force.

Click here to hear an excerpt from audio version of The Unifying Force.

An interview with James Luceno
Question: The Unifying Force is your third New Jedi Order novel, after the Agents of Chaos duology, Hero's Trial and Jedi Eclipse. But your involvement with the series goes back to the beginning, both as a writer and behind the scenes. Can you tell us a little bit about how you became involved and what your contribution has been?

James Luceno: My involvement - initially as a kind of consultant - comes from my having overseen and co-written the Robotech series, which was also a multi-book sf saga. For the New Jedi Order I attended most of the writers meetings at Skywalker Ranch, helped draft and refine both the original outline and the series bible, read and commented on individual manuscripts, and, with Dan Wallace, expanded the Star Wars galaxy map. Editor Shelly Shapiro and I conferred throughout the series, and, when we'd reached the halfway mark, reassessed what we had done, pondered what still needed doing, and scratched our heads over how things should wrap up.

Click here for the rest of the interview.

On the Road
James Luceno kicked off his tour for STAR WARS: THE NEW JEDI ORDER: THE UNIFYING FORCE at the Seattle Southcenter Waldenbooks this past Tuesday evening, where fans from all over the galaxy far, far away gathered to have their books signed. Note James sporting our very cool limited edition New Jedi Order baseball cap!

Click here to see more photos of this event. Photos courtesy of Kate Buike.

STAR WARS: THE NEW JEDI ORDER BOX SET
0-345-46647-0.gif

A must for Star Wars enthusiasts, this attractive and convenient three-book boxed set features the first three book in The New Jedi Order series: VECTOR PRIME, DARK TIDE I: ONSLAUGHT, DARK TIDE II: RUIN.

Click here to view the entire New Jedi Order timeline.

STAR WARS: THE NEW ESSENTIAL GUIDE TO VEHICLES AND VESSELS
by W. Haden Blackman
0-345-44902-9.gif

From the beat-up landspeeders that whisk travelers between desert towns on Tatooine to Jabba the Hutt's luxurious sail barge and the elegant Naboo Royal Starship, the vehicles and vessels in the Star Wars universe have captivated millions of delighted fans.

In light of the ever-expanding saga, the New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels features completely updated entries that cover more than 150 ships, along with brand new, full-color illustrations by dazzling artist Ian Fullwood. This new volume encompasses craft from all five movies, the bestselling novels of the New Jedi Order, comics, TV specials, and games.