New Visual Dictionary book

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Dorling Kindersley are releasing another book in their Visual Dictionary range ... maybe.

Star Wars
The Complete Visual Dictionary

According to Amazon.com this "new" book is due for release in the US on September 18, 2006 at a price of US$40, and will have 272 pages.

But
There's a possible catch. I'm looking at a draft cover design (featuring the lightsabre wielding Yoda) that does say ...
Fully revised and updated for the complete six-film Star wars saga, and featuring a wealth of new material​
but Dorling Kindersley have a very bad habit of taking all the material from a book or books already released and simply repurposing it in a new book, so this book may simply be a compilation of the same material in the other Star Wars Visual Dictionaries.

They have made a Complete Locations cross-sections book, which may (I haven't got my copy of this one yet) have done the same thing with the existing Cross-section books.

Still, they are good books (if light on true detail) and are worth a look ... if they're the same information then maybe those who didn't buy the individual books can get all the information at once. :)

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Buzz Bumble said:
if they're the same information then maybe those who didn't buy the individual books can get all the information at once. :)

That would be me.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
It also said something about new material on the inside front flap of the dust jacket, so maybe there is some new bits.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i'd like to see some new stuff.... but i'll wait and see before i get excited

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Never bought any before, not likely to start now.

Oncethe TV series hits the screens, there will undoubtedly be another 'revised' version - probably this with an extra chapter on the tv show :toed:

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Dorling Kindersley do already sell an "Star Wars: The Ultimate Guide" book that covers the entire Star Wars franchise ... in only a few pages. That one may well get updated at some stage.

Then again, it's no different to the "Essential Guide" series of books. Then there's the "Fact Files" that don't even include Episode III. :(