New to the boards

malskelton29

New Recruit
Hi guys

Finally managed to complete the registration process and get access to posting on here.

I've been collecting Star Wars TTM autos since around '93 and something this last few weeks has peaked my interest again - so much so that I found these boards and spend several hours a day here learning.

I used to send out Decipher CCG cards for autos, but decided that they didn't look right - I've been on the look out for a set that was uniform but also included lots of the lesser characters. In the end I decided such a set would never exist - so designed my own.

I've made about 20 so far - here's two to start with ( see attachments )

The plan is to include a gold paint pen with each request, and hopefully they will sign in the black space above their name.

I sent out my first request last Friday ( 12th October ) to Jeremy Bulloch - Boba Fett's my favourite character.

My ultimate goal is 100 autographs - it's a long and possibly expensive journey, but if they are signed properly will look amazing

Let me know your thoughts - and if you want to see images more added

Mal Skelton

Attachments

• georgeroubicek.jpg
    georgeroubicek.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 456
  • carolineblakiston.jpg
    carolineblakiston.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 484
  • christophermalcolm.jpg
    christophermalcolm.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 473
  • colinhiggins.jpg
    colinhiggins.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 474
  • colinmichaelkitchens.jpg
    colinmichaelkitchens.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 472

malskelton29

New Recruit
Bounty CK;77160 said:
Welcome to the board and good luck on your job:)

I would like to see Boba Fett image.Can you post here?

I'm a big Boba Fett fan.You can see my collection here:

http://community.webshots.com/album/416666829bLKvFY

Thanks,
CK

Many thanks for your warm welcome - I've added some new scans to the first post and will add another 5 here ( including the Bulloch ones I've sent )

I'm a Fett fan - but have let my collection slip over the last five years or so, just not enough space to store things !!

Let me know what you think

Mal Skelton

Attachments

• daveprowse.jpg
    daveprowse.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 462
  • dermotcrowley.jpg
    dermotcrowley.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 465
  • jeremybulloch2.jpg
    jeremybulloch2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 484
  • jeremybulloch.jpg
    jeremybulloch.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 489
  • johnmorton2.jpg
    johnmorton2.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 474

malskelton29

New Recruit
Some more scans :)

Attachments

• johndicks.jpg
    johndicks.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 469
  • johnmorton.jpg
    johnmorton.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 470
  • julianglover.jpg
    julianglover.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 473
  • malcolmtierney.jpg
    malcolmtierney.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 491
  • petersumner2.jpg
    petersumner2.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 464

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Hi malskelton29! Welcome to The Bothan Spy! I really like the photos you make! Are they designed to printed off as a 4x6 or smaller? I too make photos to send out to Star Wars Celebrities. I got permission from Amshak (A TBS member) to use his photo template and then I just add my own photos and text. Here's the link:

http://forums.thebothanspy.com/showthread.php?t=13084

Let me know what you think!! :D I plan on posting some more soon.

RYAN-J :cool:

Sevb30

New Recruit
If you are going to send dark cards like that, I reccomend sending a silver sharpie too as many signers don't have one on hand. And don't expect the sharpie to be returned.

malskelton29

New Recruit
RYAN-J;77165 said:
Hi malskelton29! Welcome to The Bothan Spy! I really like the photos you make! Are they designed to printed off as a 4x6 or smaller? I too make photos to send out to Star Wars Celebrities. I got permission from Amshak (A TBS member) to use his photo template and then I just add my own photos and text. Here's the link:

http://forums.thebothanspy.com/showthread.php?t=13084

Let me know what you think!! :D I plan on posting some more soon.

RYAN-J :cool:

Love the design of yours - the uniformity across the six films and expanded universe is one of the inspirations behind my design. Whatever part in the time line - or whatever size of the part - the design will be the same ....... I like uniformity !!

The design I print is 2.5 x 3.5 - the size of a standard trading card.

The reasoning behind this decision is ease of storage - I would love to collect 8 x 10 or even 4 x 6 as you suggest, but they just take up too much room.

What I do is place two cards beside each other in Corel Draw and then export it in a 6 x 4 template - this I then take on my USB drive to the photo shop and use their instant photo printer.

I'll try and attach a couple more I've just created :D

Mal Skelton

Attachments

• stephenfitzalon.jpg
    stephenfitzalon.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 455
  • richardleparmentier.jpg
    richardleparmentier.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 471
  • miltonjohns.jpg
    miltonjohns.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 473
  • markjones.jpg
    markjones.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 482
  • barryrobertson.jpg
    barryrobertson.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 494

malskelton29

New Recruit
Sevb30;77167 said:
If you are going to send dark cards like that, I reccomend sending a silver sharpie too as many signers don't have one on hand. And don't expect the sharpie to be returned.

Hi there

That was my original plan - I love the gold / black design of the original trilogy packaging and wanted to try and replicate that.

I've only sent one so far, Jeremy Bulloch, and I did include a gold paint pen ( we can't get Gold Sharpies over here unfortunately ).

I don't expect it back - if it does ever come back that's a bonus, but the way I see it I get a custom designed Star Wars auto for the cost of the pen and some supplies ( stamps, envelopes etc )

That's how I justify it in my mind

Mal Skelton

Attachments

• deeproy.jpg
    deeproy.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 467
  • michaelcarter.jpg
    michaelcarter.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 479
  • petergeddis.jpg
    petergeddis.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 475

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
Welcome! I have almost the exact same story. I bumped into Warren (darthskel) and wookiecookie at SW Weekends at Disney in Florida about 2 1/2 years ago. Between that and chatting up another collector (cperry from the scum boards) I decided to get back into the collecting habit.

I stopped around 95-96. It's been extremely fun getting back into the swing of things.

TBS is a great community - you'll love it here!

Matt

New Recruit
Welcome to the boards! Those are great looking pics, I could be tempted to send some of those off but i'm probably too far in to start a new line of pics!
I love the black and gold and have to agree, a large group of those would look fantastic on display!

Good luck and enjoy.

Matt.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Hi Mal, Welcome to the site! I'm glad you've found the site useful. :) I like your card design a lot. I typically send out trading cards or 4X6's now. I agree that uniformity is key to a great display...and there are no perfect card sets out there. I am partial to widevision and vintage cards though.

Please share more of your cards with us as you make them..they look great. I'm sorry I haven't been able to post more autograph projects this summer, but as much research as the other collectors on the site do, I doubt I'd be able to discover any new names that they haven't already posted. :p

malskelton29

New Recruit
darthskellington;77201 said:
Hi Mal, Welcome to the site! I'm glad you've found the site useful. :) I like your card design a lot. I typically send out trading cards or 4X6's now. I agree that uniformity is key to a great display...and there are no perfect card sets out there. I am partial to widevision and vintage cards though.

Please share more of your cards with us as you make them..they look great. I'm sorry I haven't been able to post more autograph projects this summer, but as much research as the other collectors on the site do, I doubt I'd be able to discover any new names that they haven't already posted. :p

Sorry I didn't reply sooner - had some internet issues that needed resolving.

I have waited and waited for probably over a decade for a card design that suited my purpose - Decipher CCG were great in that they were uniform and included almost everyone, except they were a nightmare to get signed ( I have a couple signed by Phil Brown, Shelagh Fraser, William Hootkins etc that don't do their signature justice I'm afraid ! )

Your autograph projects are fantastic and you really should do more - even if you can't dig up any new faces or addresses, your cards provide a valuable resource to those collectors who want to progress with a uniform collection ( plus the quality of your source images is way beyond anything I can find .... what's your secret ? )

I mailed out 3 requests this morning - Dave Prowse, Milton Johns & Julian Glover .... I guess I have a dark side since most of my cards so far are imperial officers !!

Look forward to my first responses back

Mal Skelton

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Sounds very cool malskelton29! Let us know when you get reply's back from them! :)

RYAN-J

malskelton29

New Recruit
RYAN-J;77329 said:
Sounds very cool malskelton29! Let us know when you get reply's back from them! :)

RYAN-J

Just wanted to show off my first response - they look fantastic, and I have sent out more this week ( plus should have some more ready to go out this weekend ).

On Saturday I received this success from Julian Glover - he signed it perfectly with the gold paint pen I enclosed ( didn't return it, but didn't expect him too ).

On the envelope he wrote a note saying nice design, good product which is cool

So enjoy ;)

Mal Skelton

Attachments

• GLOVER 01.jpg
    GLOVER 01.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 494

malskelton29

New Recruit
RYAN-J;77436 said:
AWESOME Mal Skelton! That looks very cool! Keep up the great job!

RYAN-J

Hey Ryan

I thought I would upload a couple more successes that arrived this week - overall turnaround time on these is less than 1 week !! Milton Johns even returned my gold paint pen, so that gives me the chance to send out another request to somebody else - wonder how many actors I can get in a chain using the same pen !

Mal Skelton

Attachments

• JOHNS 01.jpg
    JOHNS 01.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 470
  • PROWSE 01.jpg
    PROWSE 01.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 448