New Look for Some Sections

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
If you take a look around, you'll notice that some of the sections at TBS have gotten a new look. This is part of an ongoing process to revamp the entire site. Think of it as a sneak preview of things to come.
«
Click here to read more

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
The main point to stress is that this is a work in progress. Many of the planned features for each section have not been put into place yet. Much of the data that drives the site has not yet been completely added. However, it was felt that even at this early stage, the new version of the site is much greater than the previous version. This is why it was decided to switch to the new look.

In the next few days I will post an explanation of each section, how it functions and what is planned to further improve it. Look for these in the new member forum.

A goal of this new version of the site is to more closely connect the various sections. Many of the upcoming additions will focus on this effort.

Please note, the new Custom Card section and 3D art section are not complete and have been removed until they're ready. They will return at a later date (along with a few brand new sections).

It looks very nice, but keep in mind I fear change.....and carnies. Those little people in the circus.;)

Well, I'm off to go check around and see whats changed. I like the new look so far. I don't see any R2 units yet.:)

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Another point I forgot to make:

We have some new evolutions and figure reviews on the way. Anything you see in either of those sections is probably a bit old. The only section that has new content is the diorama section (w/ the revised dio images and the new Freeze Chamber pics).

Again, this change is more of a process rather than a one shot deal. So if you like what you see, it's only going to get better.

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
What section(s) have changed already? I've been trying to find them but have been unsuccessful.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Dioramas
Figure Evolution
Figure Reviews
Search Page *New
Espionage Report
Links
Frontpage

Tomorrow afternoon, I'll make a post that explains each section in more detail.

NOTE: these sections (with the exception of the front page and the espionage report) are not directly accessed from the forum menu. This will change when I update the forum. I'm assuming you've bookmarked the forum home page rather than the site home page, you can get back to the site home page by clicking on the "home" button in the top forum menu.

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Borsk, I absolutely love the new look of the front page. It looks amazing! Great job guys on that! It's by far the best-looking front page to any Star Wars collecting community. I was blown away when I saw that.

WOW!!! :shocked:

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by dustrho
I absolutely love the new look of the front page.

Thanks. If you reload the front page the images change. Right now there are 7 different themes. We will most likely add/change these as we go along.

Which themes do you like best?

Boba Fett/Han Carbonite/Leia
Mace/Anakin/Palpatine
Dooku
Tarkin/Leia
Padme/Bespin
Obi-Wan/Luke/Vader
Wedge

Yoda Man

New Recruit
I love the new look!!! For the front page I like them all but am particularly fond of Boba Fett/Han Carbonite/Leia and Obi-Wan/Luke/Vader

dustrho

S.C.A.L.P. Wpns Supplier
Originally posted by Borsk
Thanks. If you reload the front page the images change. Right now there are 7 different themes. We will most likely add/change these as we go along.

Boba Fett/Han Carbonite/Leia
Mace/Anakin/Palpatine
Dooku
Tarkin/Leia
Padme/Bespin
Obi-Wan/Luke/Vader
Wedge

I really liked the Wedge theme. I was able to see all of them except Boba Fett. I hit refresh a bunch of times and wasn't able to see it. I'll keep trying. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I like the new home page-images are great :)

The other sections look nice, although to be honest, I barely remember what the old ones look like. Since I have a fairly slow connection, I of course came straight to the forums (the heart of this site anyway). Since the other sections have been in a lull, I'd almost forgotten about them.

Overall, looks good. TBS can only get better :cool:

aceface

Junior Spy
Originally posted by Borsk
Wow. I really like them all. Some of the close-ups (Wedge, Fett, etc.) are shots that I don't think I've seen before. At least not as much as most. The backgrounds are very nice as well. Did you capture them from the films? Or are they scans from books, magazines, cards, etc.?

Well done, regardless!

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by aceface
Did you capture them from the films? Or are they scans from books, magazines, cards, etc.?

Yes.

AmShak obtained a bunch of them through various sources. Some of them came from various image galleries as well.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Originally posted by aceface
Wow. I really like them all. Some of the close-ups (Wedge, Fett, etc.) are shots that I don't think I've seen before. At least not as much as most. The backgrounds are very nice as well. Did you capture them from the films? Or are they scans from books, magazines, cards, etc.?

Well done, regardless!

all of the above. Some screen caps, some from books and magazines and some were found after a long search on the internet. Since we were and are going for the less used images, it makes finding anything on the net that is of any quality difficult. I've been collecting images for quite some time now and one of the best places to find good quality images was from our friends over at alderaanonline.com. unfortunately, that site no longer exist.

Wait a minute!

You do know you need the sceane with Princess Leia placing the information into R2-D2. No site is complete without an R2-D2 on the front page.;)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i figured you would bring that up ........

there was one theme that did include r2, but only in the background scene. it's not one of the more popular themes among the staff.

i imagine that r2 will find his way up there at some point though.