New front page

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I tested it on a mac and it worked for me, so I would be inclined to think it's an individual problem with WC's machine. I'll figure it out, but right now I'm not sure what the problem is.

WC, wanna meet in chat sometime soon and talk about this? It would help me zero in on the problem.

I haven't had any problems on any of the machines I've tested the page on, but obviously I can't account for every possible combination of platforms, browsers, and settings. That's why reports like this are very, very helpful.

Barada

Saboteur
Here's a possibility. I run a pop-up ad stopper program, and I usually leave it set to not allow browser pop-up windows. While this kills the vast majority of ads, it also prevents pop-up windows like the chat room and other links. It took me a while to figure it out, but now I just have to remember to switch that setting off when I click a link. Wookie, are you using a similar program?

Barada

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Nope, I don't use a program like that... All the other links work, but the underground (forum, 3D art, chat, etc) ones don't. :crying:

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Yippie! The front page works for me now, I just had to download Internet Explorer 5.1, instead of the 5 I had.

Thanks for the help Borsk .

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad that you got it to work. I still can't figure out why IE 5.0 (for Mac) worked properly for one menu and not for the other when the funtion was the same for both. It's kinda weird.

But, it's good that 5.1 takes care of it. :hello:

A note to other users: This problem was just with the Macintosh version of Internet Explorer 5.0.