New animated series: "Star Wars Rebels"

Discussion in 'Espionage Report' started by Buzz Bumble, May 21, 2013.

1. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

A bit of news from ComingSoon.net about someone returning to do a characters voice in the Rebels animated series (and possibly in the Episode VIII movie) ...

2. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

Star Wars Rebels is the last of the shows starting on newly arrive down here Disney XD on Sky TV.

It's on every weekday night at 10:30pm. So far I've got the pilot movie (reportedly with added Vader scene) and three episodes recorded to watch, and the next three episodes set to record this coming week, then it seems to start repeats (some of which are the pilot movie split into two episodes). Looks like it'll be a bit annoying trying to find out when new episodes are playing.

3. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

I watched all the recorded episodes today. The pilot movie did have the extra Vader scene (really just a brief introduction to the Inquisitor character) and the stormtrooper being kicked off the tower by Agent Kallus.

4. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

This series is very good, but I think it would probably have been better as one-hour episodes rather than the half-hour they are.

5. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Geek Jedi

The pilot episode aired in Australia last week (again, that's the 4th time), along with the latest episode before the mid season break (Episode number 8). It had the added Darth Vader scene as well as Kallus kicking the Stormtrooper too.

6. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

They repeated the pilot movie on a free-to-air channel again here in New Zealand over the Christmas / New Year period.

I've now seen all the episodes up to and including Empire Day ... it's now a game of "hunt the new episode" with Sky TV's schedule.

7. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

Season 2 is starting in mid-June ... in America anyway (no idea when it will start down here in New Zealand).

8. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

As well as the announcement of season 2 (above), Lucasfilm / Disney have also made all of season 1 available for online streaming FOR FREE!