McGregor sets course for 'Island'

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Ewan McGregor is headed for "The Island." The British star is in negotiations to topline the DreamWorks sci-fi film, which Michael Bay is set to direct. Originating as a spec script by Caspian Tredwell-Owen, "The Island" follows a "harvested being" who makes a bid to escape the utopian facility where he is being kept. Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are on board as screenwriters. Walter Parkes, Laurie MacDonald and Ian Bryce are producing with Marc Haimes serving as the studio executive. DreamWorks is heading for a fall start. McGregor's credits include "Young Adam," "Big Fish" and "Down with Love." His upcoming releases include "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith." Bay most recently directed "Bad Boys II." His other director credits include "Pearl Harbor, "Armageddon," "The Rock" and "Bad Boys."

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
ON THE ISLAND: Djimon Hounsou and Steve Buscemi will join Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson in DreamWorks' and Michael Bay' The Island, a film about a harvested being that tries to escape the utopia where he's being kept after becoming self-aware.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
First look at Ewan And Scarlett in Island.

Attachments

• island_121104.jpg
    island_121104.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 309

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
DreamWorks Pictures has released two new teaser posters for director Michael Bay's The Island, the sci-fi action thriller starring Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson. The July 22 film also stars Djimon Hounsou, Sean Bean, Steve Buscemi and Michael Clarke Duncan.

Attachments

• islandteaserposter1.jpg
    islandteaserposter1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 288
  • islandteaserposter2.jpg
    islandteaserposter2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 294

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
This comes out Friday, anyone else interested? I read an article in Entertainment Weekly that 2 weeks ago, they were still working on the ending...:whoops: I guess we'll just have to see how it turns out. It looks like it has some humor, from the trailers I've seen.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Will this movie have a large floating / bouncy ball that chases them back to the island ;)

Smacks of makeover wihthout the good bits hollywood style drudgery to me. A bit like The Prisoner without the surrealism?